RCF 2018/9 Double Jam! Winter and Spring

Just a little nudge for everybody, since I've volunteered to edit the video for the spring jam (apparently a smart move since more people appear to have done something for the winter track!). Those who (might) have done something for the spring track in particular - @mirage2101 @A-D-L (who has already been in touch) @AngusWolfe @everfreetree et al - please let me know, and those who were hoping to do so - like @Wade Garrett @Strigidae @AdiHughes @Wuzza @I demand satisfaction @bad alice and anybody else who has been loitering with intent in this thread - I suggest that you get your gear plugged in and your musical thinking caps rammed onto your heads! :cool:

I shan't be finishing the edit of the spring jam before the weekend, so you can have a few more days. Please let me know if you have done, or still intend to record an entry for the spring jam, and we'll sort out the file transfers.

Full disclosure: I have done something for the winter jam but not yet for the spring one myself, but I hope to have a look at that again tonight. My excuse is that I only finished making the guitar that I shall use last Saturday, and even last night I had the pickups out in order to make a couple of adjustments. What's your excuse? :D

mirage2101

Just a little nudge for everybody, since I've volunteered to edit the video for the spring jam (apparently a smart move since more people appear to have done something for the winter track!). Those who (might) have done something for the spring track in particular - @mirage2101 @A-D-L (who has already been in touch) @AngusWolfe @everfreetree et al - please let me know, and those who were hoping to do so - like @Wade Garrett @Strigidae @AdiHughes @Wuzza @I demand satisfaction @bad alice and anybody else who has been loitering with intent in this thread - I suggest that you get your gear plugged in and your musical thinking caps rammed onto your heads! :cool:

I shan't be finishing the edit of the spring jam before the weekend, so you can have a few more days. Please let me know if you have done, or still intend to record an entry for the spring jam, and we'll sort out the file transfers.

Full disclosure: I have done something for the winter jam but not yet for the spring one myself, but I hope to have a look at that again tonight. My excuse is that I only finished making the guitar that I shall use last Saturday, and even last night I had the pickups out in order to make a couple of adjustments. What's your excuse? :D
I've done a couple of takes for the spring track a while ago but I'm not happy with them. I'm not sure if I'll have to to have a go with a fresh mind this week.

Wuzza

long time lurker
I've had a (so far) shitter of a week. Editing will take place, but probably not until the weekend. If anyone wants to squeeze something in for the Winter Jam, hit me up.

There's only one entry for the spring jam so far, and potentially two if I manage to do something. I'd suggest that we postpone the deadline for a month or so, perhaps until around Easter, to take the pressure off and hopefully give a few more people the time to come up with something.

I think the other main alternative is to abandon that one, and just move onto the next one in a while.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
There's only one entry for the spring jam so far, and potentially two if I manage to do something. I'd suggest that we postpone the deadline for a month or so, perhaps until around Easter, to take the pressure off and hopefully give a few more people the time to come up with something.

I think the other main alternative is to abandon that one, and just move onto the next one in a while.
We'd need entries, no point extending the deadline if people don't have a go.

We'd need entries, no point extending the deadline if people don't have a go.
Indeed; in any case, I don't think it's worth making a video if we only have one or two entries. You're a hero for being the one and only so far! I haven't actually listened to your jam yet, though, because I don't want it to influence me if I manage to have a go :)

Ok, we're extending the Spring deadline for about a month, end of April.
Good idea! :)

Just out of interest, can you link the full version of the spring backing track? I'd like to have a listen of the full thing and see if perhaps I can find a different extract that I could use - if it's from the same backing track, it should be possible to merge it seamlessly with the original cut.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
Good idea! :)

Just out of interest, can you link the full version of the spring backing track? I'd like to have a listen of the full thing and see if perhaps I can find a different extract that I could use - if it's from the same backing track, it should be possible to merge it seamlessly with the original cut.
Sure, it's this one.

Which can be found over at the track suggestions thread.
https://www.robchapman.tv/forum/threads/song-suggestions-for-next-jam-or-future-jams.39053

Last edited:
Cool, thanks. I'd like to make a slightly different cut, from 0:59 to 1:54. It's essentially the same segment, just ending in a slightly different place which I think resolves a bit better. How do you download it / convert it into an MP3 file to do that? Or do you have a copy of the whole thing in MP3 format that you could upload / stick on your Dropbox?

Thanks! :)

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
Cool, thanks. I'd like to make a slightly different cut, from 0:59 to 1:54. It's essentially the same segment, just ending in a slightly different place which I think resolves a bit better. How do you download it / convert it into an MP3 file to do that? Or do you have a copy of the whole thing in MP3 format that you could upload / stick on your Dropbox?

Thanks! :)
Yeah I got the whole thing as an mp3.

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
Glad to hear this, I got a take done last week but life got in the way of editing and uploading. It is to the same part of the backing track as initially posted though.