Rate the Last Film You Watched

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
The Personal History of David Copperfield is my favourite film in a long time. Very charming, very funny. Takes a few liberties with the source material, but I think you kind of have to with things like Dickens to make it digestible in 90m. Peter Capaldi once again shines, Hugh Laurie is great, Dev Patel was so perfect for this role, it's untrue. This will be the ultimate sunday afternoon film in a few years, but, you know, not shit. 8.5/10

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Jay and Silent Bob - the reboot. 0/10 And I feel I'm being generous.
Color out of Space - 3/10 Awful 'meteorite' lands in garden and alienesque shenanigans ensue' story involving alpacas and Nic Cage.
Spider man into the spiderverse - 9/10 Had to re-watch it to take the nasty taste away. Sci fi, action, humour, and a story.

beans & rice

Spider man into the spiderverse - 9/10 Had to re-watch it to take the nasty taste away. Sci fi, action, humour, and a story.
Great comic book movie. The animation style put me off in previews, but I decided to watch it finally and really dug it.

Watched "It Chapter 2" and liked it a whole bunch. It's one of the few books by King that was out when I was a kid that I didn't read then. Still haven't. But I remember enjoying the miniseries on TV. But ever since it came out everyone talks about how the ending sucks. So in this one they make reference to that joke a few times. King himself, in his usual cameo, even gets a dig in on himself. :D

I must say, it did resolve better this time around. And they can certainly expand on the franchise now if they choose to. And why wouldn't they, they made over a billion dollars between the two. And really, the way that things were explained, it could go absolutely any direction. Possibilities are endless.

DrHankWanfordSnr

Great comic book movie. The animation style put me off in previews, but I decided to watch it finally and really dug it.

Watched "It Chapter 2" and liked it a whole bunch. It's one of the few books by King that was out when I was a kid that I didn't read then. Still haven't. But I remember enjoying the miniseries on TV. But ever since it came out everyone talks about how the ending sucks. So in this one they make reference to that joke a few times. King himself, in his usual cameo, even gets a dig in on himself. :D

I must say, it did resolve better this time around. And they can certainly expand on the franchise now if they choose to. And why wouldn't they, they made over a billion dollars between the two. And really, the way that things were explained, it could go absolutely any direction. Possibilities are endless.
Read the book. Its better, and different enough to not be a reverso-re-before-eo-hash of the film(s)
Did you like the previous View Askewniverse movies? I'm interested in the reboot but haven't enjoyed a single piece of Kevin Smith's work since he went wake & bake during Zack and Miri.
Liked his work from Clerks to Dogma...... but i bailed at J&SBSB. .

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
Parasite.

Well worth watching. I deliberately didn't read up on it before watching so I had no idea what was coming! We've had really good crowds at almost all of the showings, people has been really enjoying it.
Loved Parasite. A very well made and oddly charming in a way it probably shouldn't be. It's hard to be quite in depth about it because it really should be enjoyed going in knowing nothing.

DrHankWanfordSnr

Parasite.

Well worth watching. I deliberately didn't read up on it before watching so I had no idea what was coming! We've had really good crowds at almost all of the showings, people has been really enjoying it.
Yep. Its one of the best films I've ever seen.

See 'Binging with Babish on Youtube for the ramdon recipe.