Rate the Last Film You Watched

Wuzza

long time lurker
Mr & Mrs Smith - forgot how totally awesome this film is.
One of my go-to popcorn movies. As close to True Lies as anyone has got in the 10's

Knight and Day is in the same league for me. Complete switch you brain off, silly, ott action.

(please also see Spy, Central Intelligence and The Heat)

Funny though (and just thought of this), in all this "if you don't like female driven films you are a horrible man" drivel that the people keep spouting about recently, only one has no female leads. I make it pretty much in favour of women. Who would have thought that great scripts and good acting will win out.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
One of my go-to popcorn movies. As close to True Lies as anyone has got in the 10's

Knight and Day is in the same league for me. Complete switch you brain off, silly, ott action.

(please also see Spy, Central Intelligence and The Heat)

Funny though (and just thought of this), in all this "if you don't like female driven films you are a horrible man" drivel that the people keep spouting about recently, only one has no female leads. I make it pretty much in favour of women. Who would have thought that great scripts and good acting will win out.
Yup.
A good film is a good film.
And that’s always about good acting, great scripts and fab directing.
The gender of those involved is irrelevant IMO.
:)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Finally got around to watching Joker.

Wow. Just WOW! What an amazing work of art. It's so good. I give it a full 10/10 and I want to see more of Joaquin Phoenix portraying this character. The man is a legend.

bad alice

New Star Wars.
Fuck yeah. I thought it was fantastic and nothing anyone says is taking that away from me. :D
AGREED!:)
(Re)Watched The Fan - De Niro, Wesley Snipes - last night and it’s a terrific film!
De Niro at his best playing an obsessive bitter and increasingly delusional man who slowly comes apart as the film progresses.
Snipes is fantastic too.
Defo recommended!
9/10

Soap Distant

The Big Kahuna (again!)
Just about to watch Mr Right with Sam Rockwell again*

Fantastic film, worth many rewatches.

*Obviously I never watched it with Sam Rockwell, and I'm not about to watch it with him this time, unless he's snuck in the back door again while I was upstairs. He's a twat for doing that. If he'd just come round and ask for the Custard Creams instead of stealing them, that'd be much more polite.

These fucking A-Listers.

bad alice

Just about to watch Mr Right with Sam Rockwell again*

Fantastic film, worth many rewatches.

*Obviously I never watched it with Sam Rockwell, and I'm not about to watch it with him this time, unless he's snuck in the back door again while I was upstairs. He's a twat for doing that. If he'd just come round and ask for the Custard Creams instead of stealing them, that'd be much more polite.

These fucking A-Listers.
I love that film!
And ditto on the custard creams.
The LIBERTIES famous folk think they can take is ridiculous.
:D

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Star Wars TROS. I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but I liked it overall. It's epicness and vision. The bringing to a close of a really complex set of characters and story lines. Managing to bring together the plot lines and pathways from the rest of the series in an entertaining story exactly like the prequels didn't.

Didn't like some aspects of the overall story but no spoilers here. Didn't like how every crucial line of dialogue was preceded by a huge pause. It was, at times, like watching a game show winner reveal.

Exposition character: "Oh no - It's all gone wrong. We will all die unless we act quickly"
[shooting and stuff]
Hero: [shoots some storm troopers] "Everyone follow me!"

P.S. Did anyone else think there were some call outs to other Si-Fi,/fantasy epics?

bad alice

New series of Dr Who
I love Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor but series 11 was a bit meh in terms of writing and villains.
The first episode of series 12 dropped on NewYear’s Day
And the “big reveal” that happened towards the end of that episode was shocking, utterly awesome and bodes EXTREMELY well for an upturn in quality of story and general Dr-Who-ness for this series!
:bounce:

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
New series of Dr Who
I love Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor but series 11 was a bit meh in terms of writing and villains.
The first episode of series 12 dropped on NewYear’s Day
And the “big reveal” that happened towards the end of that episode was shocking, utterly awesome and bodes EXTREMELY well for an upturn in quality of story and general Dr-Who-ness for this series!
:bounce:
Yup. Although my emotional roller coaster at "oh great Stephen fry is going to be a regular cast member in Dr who!!!!1!1! yayyyyyyyyyyy **BANG** ....oh maybe not :( "
And Dr Sir Henry of Lennyshire as a baddie !! Awww yeah ! The Phantom Flan Flinger strikes Again ! (we all remember Tiswas ?).