Rate the Last Film You Watched

beans & rice

Remember when x-men became a movie? And we all thought it was a actually pretty good? After we grew up and were resigned we'd never get more then cartoons or crappy movies like spawn?
Man, those X movies have been hard to watch. They've all got some nice points, but mostly just reflect the convoluted incestuous soap opera bullshit that was the 90s X comics. No one's happy, and they're all struggling with internal shit most of the time, that it makes Ang Lee's slideshow cloud fight between Hulk and his father look solid.

The trailer for the new X-Men and Dark Phoenix looks terrible.

I think if Marvel had all their properties, we'd get a Wolverine/Hulk fight, some Wendigo action, and possibly even Alpha Flight. :D Hell, maybe even Longshot and the Mojoverse.
And they'd probably go with Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde on their dimension and time-jumping adventures, rather than the group therapy sessions, interrupted by occasional brief action, of the actual movie franchise.

mirage2101

The trailer for the new X-Men and Dark Phoenix looks terrible.

I think if Marvel had all their properties, we'd get a Wolverine/Hulk fight, some Wendigo action, and possibly even Alpha Flight. :D Hell, maybe even Longshot and the Mojoverse.
And they'd probably go with Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde on their dimension and time-jumping adventures, rather than the group therapy sessions, interrupted by occasional brief action, of the actual movie franchise.
That trailer looks as bad as x-men 3.. I really don't get why they've done that.

Wolverine / hulk wasn't too interesting for me.. Give me Patch and mr Fixit (wolverine after fall of the mutants and grey intelligent mean hulk) in madripoor.

X-men brood would be a great movie.

I'm actually curious about the new mutants.

X-tinction agenda would be high on my list, as would x-cutioners song.

And please finally give me a proper doctor Doom.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
That trailer looks as bad as x-men 3.. I really don't get why they've done that.

Wolverine / hulk wasn't too interesting for me.. Give me Patch and mr Fixit (wolverine after fall of the mutants and grey intelligent mean hulk) in madripoor.

X-men brood would be a great movie.

I'm actually curious about the new mutants.

X-tinction agenda would be high on my list, as would x-cutioners song.

And please finally give me a proper doctor Doom.
My current Dr Doom theory is that he wrote and directed all of the Fantastic 4 films.
There’s more than one way to destroy your enemy...
:)

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
As nice an idea as this is, the idea of Disney having MORE properties to dominate the box office is a worse proposition to me. I tried to see a film today and it was STILL 15 showings of endgame and one or maybe two of every other film. One of those other films was Captain Marvel.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
As nice an idea as this is, the idea of Disney having MORE properties to dominate the box office is a worse proposition to me. I tried to see a film today and it was STILL 15 showings of endgame and one or maybe two of every other film. One of those other films was Captain Marvel.
I remember a time when they said cinema was dead. Why would anyone want to go out and pay when they could watch it at home? they said. Then Star Wars came out. Today I can see a trailer and think. 'That's worth seeing on a big screen' ... or not. It's a pity all the films are made by the same company but at least films are being made. They may be plundering a single source of stories but as a source at least Marvel is diverse and insiteful (even if the cinema tries to quash diversity and insite at times).

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot ... 8/10

Sam Elliott plays a guy who kills Hitler and then, later in life, Bigfoot. It's a thoughtfully paced film that gives its ideas and characters, the few there are, plenty of room to breathe. There isn't a lot of dialogue or exposition. You have to kind of fill in the holes based on assumptions that are hinted at -- kind of like real life -- but the core story elements are fleshed out well enough.

It seems to be a polarizing film -- you seem to either love it or hate it. A lot of those who hate it seem to dislike the fact that, given the title, it takes itself too seriously and doesn't give into the joke the title implies. I enjoyed the seriousness of the film.

EDIT: I would also add that I think it helps going into this movie with as little knowledge about it as possible. The title tells you everything you need to know, really.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Not a film but the first part of a HBO/Sky mini series called Chernobyl. It's a drama based on the real events of the disaster. The acting to the atomosphear is brilliant and I can't wait for the next episode to air next week.

The last film I watched was the animated Spider-Man film called "SpiderMan, into the Spider-verse". After seeing the trailers for this film, I thought it was going to be really unappealing and was going to change SpiderMan into some left/liberal version and be filled with political agenda, like we are seeing in so many films and TV shows. Boy was I really wrong about that. It was a breath of fresh air and was just a great story with a totally new (to me) concept. After finishing it, I was glad to know that a second film is confirmed and there is going to be a TV Show spin off, which will be on Disney's streaming platform.

bad alice

Not a film but the first part of a HBO/Sky mini series called Chernobyl. It's a drama based on the real events of the disaster. The acting to the atomosphear is brilliant and I can't wait for the next episode to air next week.

The last film I watched was the animated Spider-Man film called "SpiderMan, into the Spider-verse". After seeing the trailers for this film, I thought it was going to be really unappealing and was going to change SpiderMan into some left/liberal version and be filled with political agenda, like we are seeing in so many films and TV shows. Boy was I really wrong about that. It was a breath of fresh air and was just a great story with a totally new (to me) concept. After finishing it, I was glad to know that a second film is confirmed and there is going to be a TV Show spin off, which will be on Disney's streaming platform.
FTFY @Felix
#RCFrules

bad alice

Assassination Nation
8/10
Set in Salem (never going to end well, is it?:D) and centred initially around a high school clique and then the town as a whole.
It looks at what would happen if people’s private online content - including texts, emails, photos etc - was shared with everyone - the basic premise being the assertion that “10% of people are cruel. 10% of people are kind and 80% can be swayed either way”
A satirical commentary on society mixed with huge amounts of violence and epic-Japanese-horror-level-gore ensue.
Fun, shocking and thought provoking in equal measure.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I FINALLY got around to watching Bumblebee last night. What an awesome breath of fresh air that was after all those terrible, terrible Transformers movies we've had. I mean, the first one was cool, the second was ok and then everything went meh along with Shia Labeouf's sanity. It was a good story, I loved the look of the robots. They looked very much like they did in the 80's cartoon. The opening scene was so good. I hope they can make a full Cybertron Movie or TV Series in that style.

For me, the only downside was the lack of different Transformers Characters. There's a bunch in the beginning, but then it's really just Bee and two Decepticons.

Still, 9/10. Can't wait for the sequel! Not sure if this is a reboot or a prequel, but it really should be a reboot. This is so much better.

beans & rice

I am pretty forgiving with movies in general, and with comic movies for sure. But Aquaman was dumb and ugly. Hated everything about it. Yet, it was the one movie that people by-and-large like to consider the best of the whole attempt by DC/WB to catch up to Marvel in the movie universe. Ugh.

The graphics quality was PS3-level at best. The action was lame, it was pretty much the same fight played out 5 or 6 times. The dialog was bad and the story was wafer thin. For a movie that's around 2-1/2 hours, there was zero character development by anyone. Pacing was terrible, there was no tension. For a story that was supposed to have globally destructive levels of consequence, it always felt small and minor. And just about every scene ends with a "surprise" attack by 3 or 4 soldiers trying to capture or kill someone, because I guess the writers just had no idea how to end them.
It was like Agent Michael Scarn stepped in at the end of every scene and shot everyone in his improv class.

The talent from the actors who I know can act was wooden, and I guess that comes from having to do their work almost entirely in front of green screens. And I really don't think any of them actually cared about it. Amber Heard has no acting talent. Momoa has one style: DUDEBRO! and it only works about 1/6th of the time.

I give this movie the middle finger.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
We (the wife and I) had the impression that we had seen Aquaman because of the huge 'origins' type sequences in Justice League. I can see why now.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Watched Rim of the World. It's a Netflix Original recently released about 4 outcast kids who are at a summer camp when aliens invade. They end of having to save the world somehow. At first I thought this is a kid movie, but then the kids come out with their potty mouths and making dirty puns. It was quite fun in the end. Easy to watch, nice story, good acting by the kids. Solid 8/10!

Chili Hobbes

So much time, and so little to do.
Godzilla, King of the Monsters.

I'm pretty easily pleased so I enjoyed it. I could have done with less humans especially the lass from Stranger Things, but we need exposition I suppose. I was a little sad that one character who deserved to go to jail for decades for genocide ended up with a "nice" honourable death.

But hey, Nessie got a little nod!

Overall I give it 3 irradiated thumbs up, if you go to the cinema for coke, a hotdog, popcorn and no deeper messages.