Rate the Last Film You Watched

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse (animation)
9/10
The best Spider-Man film yet
A great plot, excellent character development, well paced, laugh-out-loud/tense/genuinely moving and, at times, stunningly beautiful to look at too.
We watched it in 2D but it’s available as standard in 3D and I’d anticipate it knocking your socks off even more visually in that format.
Btw how animated characters can be stuffed to bursting with charisma when compared to their *real life* counterparts is a question that needs asking...
Go see it!
:)

Last edited:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
9/10
A great plot, excellent character development, well paced, laugh-out-loud/tense/genuinely moving at times and, at times, stunningly beautiful to look at too.
We watched it in 2D but it’s available as standard in 3D and I’d anticipate it knocking your socks off even more visually in that format.
Btw how animated characters can be stuffed to bursting with charisma when compared to their *real life* counterparts is a question that needs asking...
Go see it!
It does look good in 3D. Great film.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
The last 3 or 4 Marvel movies I tried watching, I shut them off at about halfway. Iron Man 3, Antman, and the Avengers one with the Winter Soldier in Berlin or something like that. I also fell asleep during the first Captain America and Hulk. The only one I enjoyed was Guardians of the Galaxy. That one was fun.

Just watched Avengers: Endgame, it's a difficult one to rate. On it's own merits it's a solid 6/10 for me, as a conclusion to the story arc started with The Avengers 7 years ago (wtf)? Maybe 8/10.

It was good, not great. I didn't like Captain Marvel, I didn't like the "solution" (mainly because of the unanswered questions it left) and I don't like the continued use of Thor as comic relief. On the other hand I loved how it didn't rely on huge CGI battles (the most notable one was mainly a setting rather than main focus), I also loved the portrayal of Thanos as more than just "Evil Villain #32" since Part 1 put so much focus on his motive. Finally I think the original MCU characters mostly got decent endings to their respective story arcs, they were left at points were I would be fine regardless if they got more movies or not in the future.

Just my spoiler-free thoughts on it.

bad alice

Avengers: Endgame
9/10
If you’ve loved the last 11 years of Marvel films you’ll love this.
Also, I’m still feeling pretty damn proud I made it through a 3 hour film without having to zoom off to the bathroom...
#WhateverItTakes

mirage2101

Avengers: Endgame
8/10
It didn't feel like a three hour movie. That said, I loved some scenes while others felt a bit unneeded.
The action is great even is some characters were underused or even underwhelming. As a comic nerd I don't like some of the writing decision but hey... You can't have everything.
It's great that this was even made for screen, let alone be so popular. Like the other said, if you like marvel movies you'll love this.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
9/10
A great plot, excellent character development, well paced, laugh-out-loud/tense/genuinely moving and, at times, stunningly beautiful to look at too.
Go see it!
Holy Shit, I just watched this film earlier this morning and was blown away by how bloody good it was. So pleased to hear they have green light a second film, as this currently sits as the highest scored Spider-Man film of any type on IMDB. The writers have also been given a lot of money to create a TV show based off of the Marvel IP's that Sony still own.

mirage2101

My thoughts on Thor: Ragnarok are well documented, so I'll just say I agree.
I loved ragnarok. I consider it one of the best marvel movies.
But it would be nice if marvel learned to lean into the over the topness of everything without getting silly.
The avengers have a more serious tone but it dares less to go truly over the top too.

We’ll get there eventually.

That said Thor sucked in endgame

mirage2101

You've gotta admit, Thor is kind of ridiculous in the comics. He's even been a frog. He's all forsooth and hasten thee and hearken and shit. :D
That's what made ragnarok great. Thor is a great character who can be a great comic releaf, to very serious and stern and noble.
The frog of thunder was a very funny interlude. Not to mention it comes back a couple of times too. Dr strange gets stuck in a rat once and is then rescued by the frogs Thor inspired.
I just didn't like the way they went with thor in endgame to show his turmoil. That he was in turmoil was very effective. I just didn't like how they choose to show it.

I have a couple more... opinions on the movie but I don't want to spoil stuff for people.

bad alice

That's what made ragnarok great. Thor is a great character who can be a great comic releaf, to very serious and stern and noble.
The frog of thunder was a very funny interlude. Not to mention it comes back a couple of times too. Dr strange gets stuck in a rat once and is then rescued by the frogs Thor inspired.
I just didn't like the way they went with thor in endgame to show his turmoil. That he was in turmoil was very effective. I just didn't like how they choose to show it.

I have a couple more... opinions on the movie but I don't want to spoil stuff for people.
Agreed.
The idea that slapping someone on the face and telling them to get it together will banish depression/trauma/anything is a myth that needs firmly stamping out.
Not perpetuated in a movie watch by bazillions.
It’s a misstep that’s only made worse by how well they handled Tony Stark’s PTSD in Iron Man 3
:(