Rate the Last Film You Watched

Wuzza

long time lurker
It's awful, I love it, 10/10...or 1/10 if you don't like Def Leppard..which is against the law, you should like Def Leppard...so 10/10.
I've seen this several times now. It's a beer and popcorn movie for me. (translates to not amazing, but just enjoy it for what it is) A highlight is the Phil Collen/Steve Clarke relationship. How many feet it has in fact though I cant comment on. :D

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Widows
8/10
4 women are forced to run a bank job to pay off a debt once their bank robber husbands are killed.
None of them have ever done anything remotely like this before and they’re scared shitless.
It’s really good.
And you’d think people would know by now #SuicideSquad to NEVER f*ck with Amanda Wallace...
:)

bad alice

Suicide Squad.

I fell asleep almost at the beginning, I have no idea if it was any good. What I saw of Jared Leto's Joker was disappointing.
You didn't miss anything.
I’ve attempted to watch it twice now
Made it to about a third of the way through both times
It baffles me how a film containing all those characters can be so utterly terrible
And even worse;
Boring.
:facepalm:

beans & rice

Suicide Squad was such a universal piece of shit that there is already a reboot in the works.

DC/WB really, really, really, really, totally really suck ass at making their superheroes into live action movies.

I hear good things about Aquaman, but so what.
And they are going to make all of the same mistakes they did over the last 10 years trying to catch up to Marvel, and then reboot everything again.

bad alice

Suicide Squad was such a universal piece of shit that there is already a reboot in the works.

DC/WB really, really, really, really, totally really suck ass at making their superheroes into live action movies.

And they are going to make all of the same mistakes they did over the last 10 years trying to catch up to Marvel, and then reboot everything again.
This vid pretty much nails where Snyder went wrong...
On a positive note, and as someone who still hasn’t recovered from Snyder ruining both The Dark Knight Returns and The Death Of Superman, I really enjoyed Wonder Woman* so I’m keeping my fingers crossed DC are now on an uphill direction with their movies...

*I haven’t seen Aquaman yet so can’t comment

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays

Aquaman is fun. Good ... eh, not so much. But fun. It's enjoyable in the ways it needs to be for you to walk out of the movie feeling like you had a good time. Objectively there are issues. But still, fun.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
Hellboy 7/10

I really, really enjoyed the movie. It's far from perfect and the final act has some issues, but overall it's a lot of fun. I'm a huge fan of the comics and felt the movie was pretty true to the spirit of Mignola's work. There were some changes to the source material (of course), and some of those were strange, but again, overall they were good.

bad alice

Aquaman
8/10
A fun superhero movie with some genuinely GORGEOUS visual moments and way more character depth (see what I...?;)) than I was ever expecting.
Also, whoever decided to cast Julie Andrews - Julie fhhking ANDREWS - as the voice of the gargantuan sea monster thing deserves to be showered with money.
I mean, Maria (Sound Of Music), Mary Poppins...*skips forward 55 years*...MASSIVEMO INDESTRUCTIBLE SEA MONSTER OF DEATH?
Genius.
*still chuckling*

beans & rice

^
I've softened a bit on my criticisms of Shape of Water.

We watched Unicorn Store last night, another fable that was directed by Brie Larson. She plays an aspiring dreamer with a penchant for glitter who also wants to be an artist. But she is flunked out of art school and has to move home at 30 with her overly-saccharine and enabling, but loving parents, played by Joan Cusack and Bradley Whitford.

She becomes a temp at a PR firm. While there, after missing at least one and ignoring another, she finally responds to a mysterious, personalized invitation to The Store, where she meets The Salesman, played by Sam Jackson. He offers to fulfill her lifetime dream of owning a unicorn. Well, not so much owning one, as they're strong, independent creatures. ;) The Salesman provides her with the information and requirements for being allowed a unicorn, and we go from there. :D

It's light, cute, quirky, shiny, metaphorical as fuck, and leaves you feeling good. :)

mirage2101

Bumblebee 3/5
The best transformers movie. You know who’s fighting who, and the movie has the heart it needs by the humans done right this time. Good for a beer and popcorn.

Aqua man 4/5
It’s funny that the silliest and least liked of the “main” DC heroes gets the best movie. Jason Manoa (or whatever his name is) is really enjoying himself again. And the movie is better then Wonder Woman. If you like superheroes this is a must watch. For all others it’s a fine spectacle movie that won’t dissapoint.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Passengers.

I bought a couple of 4k Blu Rays to check out on our new TV/Xbox combo, this was the first I watched. I bought it because I read it is one of the best looking 4k HDR films on disk but for some reason I wasn't expecting much from the story.

I really enjoyed it, it was visually stunning and the relationship between the two main characters grabbed me more than I expected. It felt a bit simplistic but that didn't put me off.

7/10.

ed lespaul

Passengers.

I bought a couple of 4k Blu Rays to check out on our new TV/Xbox combo, this was the first I watched. I bought it because I read it is one of the best looking 4k HDR films on disk but for some reason I wasn't expecting much from the story.

I really enjoyed it, it was visually stunning and the relationship between the two main characters grabbed me more than I expected. It felt a bit simplistic but that didn't put me off.

7/10.
I liked it also. It was like Cast Away in space.

ed lespaul

I just finished BlackKKlansman. I thought it was a fantastic movie, right up to the last 2 minutes, where Spike Lee couldn't help but make a political statement against the President. Way to fuck up a very good film, you idiot.