Rate the Last Film You Watched

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Colossal
9/10
A film that’s about...bear with me on this...a young female alcoholic prone to emotionally abusive boyfriends #AnneHathaway who moves back to her home town, hangs out and gets shitfaced with some locals AND THEN discovers that she (literally) appears as a Godzilla type monster lizard in Seoul at exactly 8.05am if she happens to be staggering half cut back through a specific playground in her home town at that time, and yep, destroying buildings and killing hundreds/thousands of innocent Seoul citizens as she does so.
And at 8.05am from that day onwards this plays out (and other shit happens too) as she tries to figure out WTAF is happening and deal with the very real deaths she, and later someone else, are responsible for.
Uh huh.
It’s an INSANE premise.
But somehow it really works!
An EPIC film...
:)

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Colossal
9/10
A film that’s about...bear with me on this...a young female alcoholic prone to emotionally abusive boyfriends #AnneHathaway who moves back to her home town, hangs out and gets shitfaced with some locals AND THEN discovers that she (literally) appears as a Godzilla type monster lizard in Seoul at exactly 8.05am if she happens to be staggering half cut back through a specific playground in her home town at that time, and yep, destroying buildings and killing hundreds/thousands of innocent Seoul citizens as she does so.
And at 8.05am from that day onwards this plays out (and other shit happens too) as she tries to figure out WTAF is happening and deal with the very real deaths she, and later someone else, are responsible for.
Uh huh.
It’s an INSANE premise.
An EPIC film...

I think I need to check that out!

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
Colossal
9/10
Uh huh.
It’s an INSANE premise.
An EPIC film...
Love this movie.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
We watched The Week Of with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. I give it a 7/10. It had a pretty straight line of being enjoyable and mildly funny. There were only one or two LOL moments that stood out. But it's an ok, easy to watch movie.

We also watched Click, being in the whole Adam Sandler vibe. That one is 8/10. Really funny and it actually has a great message in the end as well.

mirage2101

Colossal was great.

Captain marvel:
So yeah.. Another origin story.. Honestly I'm a bit burned out with those.. But..
Brie Larson is doing great here. She makes cpt marvel a more fun character then she is in the comics. there's humour, the villains are actually good here with understandable motivations instead of just mad plans. The 90s take felt a bit forced but gave a few good moments.
All in all I really enjoyed the movie and I'm stoked for avengers endgame now.
Goose the cat adds another point.
8/10

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
Colossal was great.

Captain marvel:
So yeah.. Another origin story.. Honestly I'm a bit burned out with those.. But..
Brie Larson is doing great here. She makes cpt marvel a more fun character then she is in the comics. there's humour, the villains are actually good here with understandable motivations instead of just mad plans. The 90s take felt a bit forced but gave a few good moments.
All in all I really enjoyed the movie and I'm stoked for avengers endgame now.
Goose the cat adds another point.
8/10
It's interesting that you say "more fun character then [sic] she is in the comics." I get what you're saying ... since Civil War II she's been written somewhat "stiffer" than she used to be. Pre-Civil War II she was one of the most fun/interesting characters in Marvel. Kelly Sue Deconnick's run (upon which the movie's portrayal is loosely based, and who had a very brief cameo in the movie) was fantastic.

mirage2101

I'm a bit burned out with super hero movies in general, to be honest. There's too many. Marvel should tone it down a bit.
I see it differently.
Superhero comics are where other genres go when they can't stand on themselves anymore.
captain america was a war movie
cap 2 was a tech thriller
guardians a heist movie, just like ant man.
thor 3? buddy cop

avengers reaches into space opera by now.

Stuff like westerns and conan aren't relevant on their own. But in comics you can have them perfectly.

As long as they're good movies I'm perfectly fine with it.

mirage2101

It's interesting that you say "more fun character then [sic] she is in the comics." I get what you're saying ... since Civil War II she's been written somewhat "stiffer" than she used to be. Pre-Civil War II she was one of the most fun/interesting characters in Marvel. Kelly Sue Deconnick's run (upon which the movie's portrayal is loosely based, and who had a very brief cameo in the movie) was fantastic.
Exactly. She's best when she's openly enjoying her powers and who she is.
I'm currently re-reading marvel comics in order and it's fun to see how she developed as a character. Her first run wasn't all that great but by the time she put on the black bathing suit she was a great character. REALLY abused in that cormac story. It's just a shame there's so little material of her as binary.

bad alice

Captain Marvel.

I thought it was a great film, a very good effort all around, I really enjoyed it.

The cat was cool. :D
M&I really enjoyed it too.
I’d give it an 8.5/10
It loses a couple of points for a few glossed over plot points - why did Nick Fury trust her and buddy up so quickly, she becomes half Kree because...Jude Law piped some of his blood into her...uhh WTAF, if you have blue blood - yes, I’m looking at you Annette Benning- there is no goddamn way you’d look pink and pass for human, Maria makes the responsible single parent decision not to fly a likely suicide mission to help out some aliens but then changes her mind in the space of how long it takes her 7 year old daughter to say “you don’t want to be a bad role model for me” (so yeah, about 3 seconds then), shooting a zap ray at the energy core blows the SHIT out of everything else but gives Danvers humungoid powers...wut etc etc
But it gains a solid half point for *nonchalantly flicks lid off tin of whoopass* for Nick Fury losing his eye in such a dumb and frankly embarrassing way thereby showing us that “THE SPY” is human and just as prone to life (or Flerkins) serving him a slice of fuckery as much the rest of us. Betcha he spills his first coffee just as much as I do in the morning #overfilling :cold:
Also, I’ve posted about the “you’re my Wing Man” smile and half wink Captain M gives Stan Lee on the train already
But *choking up*
Dammit.
It still gets me...

Last edited:

bad alice

M&I really enjoyed it too.
I’d give it an 8.5/10
It loses a couple of points for a few glossed over plot points - why did Nick Fury trust her and buddy up so quickly, she becomes half Kree because...Jude Law piped some of his blood into her...uhh WTAF, if you have blue blood - yes, I’m looking at you Annette Benning- there is no goddamn way you’d look pink and pass for human, Maria makes the responsible single parent decision not to fly a likely suicide mission to help out some aliens but then changes her mind in the space of how long it takes her 7 year old daughter to say “you don’t want to be a bad role model for me” (so yeah, about 3 seconds then), shooting a zap ray at the energy core blows the SHIT out of everything else but gives Danvers humungoid powers...wut etc etc
But it gains a solid half point for *nonchalantly flicks lid off tin of whoopass* for Nick Fury losing his eye in such a dumb and frankly embarrassing way thereby showing us that “THE SPY” is human and just as prone to life (or Flerkins) serving him a slice of fuckery as much the rest of us. Betcha he spills his first coffee just as much as I do in the morning #overfilling :cold:
Also, I’ve posted about the “you’re my Wing Man” smile and half wink Captain M gives Stan Lee on the train already
But *choking up*
Dammit.
It still gets me...
Also, and it needs saying, M&I both love Annette Benning but JESUS, watching her get her *moves* on to Nirvana’s Come As You Are during her stand off with Captain Marvel was one of the most cringing “Mum dancing” moments I’ve ever seen on the big screen:facepalm:
Annette?
Just
NO.
:cold:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Watched The Dirt on Netflix. Needless to say, it's about the life of Motley Crüe as a band. I absolutely loved it. Great movie, amazing story, believable actors so good casting and awesome music throughout.

10/10

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
After watching The Dirt with Kerry I showed her Hysteria - The Def Leppard Story, it's a made for TV movie from 2001. If you're a Def Leppard fan you'll enjoy it for that fact alone but don't expect a good film, the writing is bad, the acting is bad and the countryside outside of Sheffield looks very much like an American desert.

I think Joe Elliot is supposed to be driven but unfortunately ends up looking like a bit of a douche due to the aformentioned bad script and acting, other highlight are Phil Collen's utterly bizzare accent and Steve Clarke's sometimes Irish accent.

It's awful, I love it, 10/10...or 1/10 if you don't like Def Leppard..which is against the law, you should like Def Leppard...so 10/10.

Watch it and marvel, it's on Youtube...I dare you! :D

beans & rice

We watched The Dirt the other night. It was fun but didn't really add anything I didn't know, and I'm not even a fan.
One thing that bugged me was when Tommy met Heather, and she made a crack about him being in Whitesnake. The scene was time-stamped 1984, but the reinvention of Whitesnake by Coverdale didn't hit the scene until 1987. And Slide it In, from 1984, certainly didn't make a mark in the US until after the 1987 album when it was reiussued. Yeah, it's a small nitpick and I'm sure they probably even knew it wasn't right but went with it for comedy. But it still bugged me. :p

The guy playing Lee was good, even though he seemed to be channeling Keanu from Bill & Ted at times.
They all did pretty well. Fun rock & roll movie.

ed lespaul

A Star is Born: The first half (10/10), incredible. Second half, (7/10). I hated seeing the downfall of a drunk icon, maybe because it's a story all too common in R&R.

I would definitely watch it again, when it's on cable. But, I will turn it off after getting half way through. Make it a perfect movie.

ten-foot-tryptych

half rock, half gas
The Kings of the Summer (2013) 9/10

Hadn't heard of it until it came up on Amazon prime recommendations. Glad I watched it, it's a 'Stand By Me' for this generation. Great cinematography, full of pathos and humour.