Rate the Last Film You Watched

mirage2101

Game night
Small little comedy about a murder game that gets mixed up with reality. 6/10. Some laughs. nice premise.. Some really really bad jokes.. But honestly fine for an evening when you don't want to think too hard.
(We've had a couple of those lately)

@ssinine

Professional noodler
Brooklyn: 8/10

A very well made film. I really enjoy dramas and this hit the spot with some excellent acting and taut editing.
On top of that I adore Saoirse Ronan. At face value it seems like such a plain plot but it stayed with me long after viewing.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Watched the 3rd Harry Potter film of our quest to finally watch all of those films over Xmas.
So far?
They’re okay but certainly not grabbing me by the heart or brain and demanding I put on the next one NOW (or read the books for that matter)
Still, they feel Chrismassy and are 100% an excuse for cracking open some sweet and salted popcorn so game on...
:)

mirage2101

Just finished leftovers (HBO)
That was a trip 9/10.. They lost a point for giving the mystery away in the end. If you like to think about your tv you should definately give this one a go.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Definitely the best Netflix Original I've seen to date. Everything between harmless humor and gut-wrenching tragedy in a collection of western short stories, just what I like. And a great cast!
You bastard, I am halfway through that one on my commute! :p It’s seriously enjoyable though. I must admit I am going through a Western-phase after RDR2 as well so this might be biased. ;)

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Definitely the best Netflix Original I've seen to date. Everything between harmless humor and gut-wrenching tragedy in a collection of western short stories, just what I like. And a great cast!
really disappointed I didn't catch this in it's limited cinema release. Watching films indoors is just never the same.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Watched the 3rd Harry Potter film of our quest to finally watch all of those films over Xmas.
So far?
They’re okay but certainly not grabbing me by the heart or brain and demanding I put on the next one NOW (or read the books for that matter)
Still, they feel Chrismassy and are 100% an excuse for cracking open some sweet and salted popcorn so game on...
I can promise you the movies do not do the books justice. They are nice, but the books are really, really good.

mirage2101

I saw Valerian again - and it left a much better impression the second time around.
One may have to clear it's mind from the original cartoon universe and then embrace Bessons take on it ... then it actually works ... for me anyways.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2239822/
I quit it after maybe half an hour.. I love the designs but seeing how high concept the strips were.. I had a hard time appreciating the movie.

Wuzza

long time lurker
So far?
Get yer books!! :D