Rate the Last Film You Watched

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Johnny English Strikes Again.

Very daft but seemed to go down well with the kids in the cinema this afternoon. It even got a round of applause!!!
I feel like Johnny English is supposed to be the very definition of daft, to be fair.
Even if you want to hate the original film, if you watch it, you end up at least smiling at one point or another.
Kinda makes me want to see the new one, but I'll wait and see it at home, depressingly alone, so I can laugh at myself, if all else fails.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I feel like Johnny English is supposed to be the very definition of daft, to be fair.
Even if you want to hate the original film, if you watch it, you end up at least smiling at one point or another.
Kinda makes me want to see the new one, but I'll wait and see it at home, depressingly alone, so I can laugh at myself, if all else fails.
:D

I think it's worth seeing, this one has the same smile factor.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Bohemian Rhapsody
9/10

Superb. Remi Malek is ridiculously good as Freddie and the fella who plays Brian May is spot on too. Phenomenal stuff all round by the cast tbh. Add in that they were able to include not only the songs but the demos of individual performances to really show is the recording process?
A terrific biopic that has me hoping other legendary bands (and their estates) realise the potential for creating something similar.
Yes, they’ve *toned it down a bit/LOT* but if you think that a lot of those of us who were actually around for Queen and Live Aid probably have kids they’d want to take to see it? Then I guess I can see why they did that. I rarely cry at films, but the way they framed the final section of the film? Yeah. Best take tissues. Just sayin.
I guess the best thing you can hope from from any band biopic is that it makes you want to go listen to that band (again), watch them live via YouTube/DVDs etc and find out more about their story.
This does that in spades...
:)

Tankman

A streetcat named Bob.

Can I give negative points? -10/10? Something like that.

It was chosen by my wife and her friend. I decided I had nothing better to do, so I'd join them to watch a movie. Good God, this was terrible. The acting was terrible. The story was boring. It's the most uninteresting story about the most uninteresting guy ever. In the end it turns out it's a true story. So somebody decided to write a book about basically nothing and then somebody decided to make it into a movie as well....I cannot express in words how bad this was. At one point I was hoping the cat would die so the movie could get interesting. Turns out he runs away, there's panic for 2 minutes and then he magically reappears at the guys home and they go on like nothing ever happened. It's so bad it's pissing me off....

Tankman

I watched Rush. A movie about Niki Lauda and James Hunt. It was actually really good! The guy playing Lauda was so good, and actually looked like him. You would believe it was a young Niki. Very good. 9/10

mirage2101

I watched the last Ghostbusters film again because Kerry had not seen it. While it's not the best film I did enjoy it, overall it's pretty fun.
I recently watched the FIRST ghostbusters film again.. It's hard to improve on perfection.
Even to today's standards the timing, and humor is spot on. The effects aren't what they are today but honestly? I liked them better then the new movie with all the cgi.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I recently watched the FIRST ghostbusters film again.. It's hard to improve on perfection.
Even to today's standards the timing, and humor is spot on. The effects aren't what they are today but honestly? I liked them better then the new movie with all the cgi.
The original Ghostbusters is one of my favourite films ever, it's the first film I ever went to see multiple times at a cinema. I was buzzed when I actually got to show it at work last year.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
BlacKkKlansman 8/10

Great film, though like the majority of his work, Spike Lee is very heavy handed with his messaging. Rather than allow the dialaogue to have a more natural flow, he feels the need to browbeat you now and then. That said, there is some really funny elements and some real stark realizations that this wasn't that long ago and that a lot of this shit is still going on. The events portrayed in the film end on a strong note, but the movie itself concludes with some modern-day events that are a gut punch. Topher Grace is an amazingly spot-on David Duke.

Evocative, well paced, based on true events, but fictionalized enough to make it play out as you expect a movie to.

Tankman

My band was talking about how underrated Tom Hanks is as an actor and how each of us knew few people who like him. Turns out, everybody in the band likes him. When I got home I watched Apollo 13 for the 10284th time, but for the first time in a very long time. Still a solid 10/10 movie. I love everything NASA, Space, Rockets, Astronauts and Apollo Mission. Awesome stuff.

I had actually found all my old DVD's, so I think we're going on a Nostalgia trip. Next up is Secret Window. Of course, i know about the plot twist, but I still think I will still enjoy it.

ADK

Number of lost picks (2018 Season) = 5
My band was talking about how underrated Tom Hanks is as an actor and how each of us knew few people who like him. Turns out, everybody in the band likes him. When I got home I watched Apollo 13 for the 10284th time, but for the first time in a very long time. Still a solid 10/10 movie. I love everything NASA, Space, Rockets, Astronauts and Apollo Mission. Awesome stuff.

I had actually found all my old DVD's, so I think we're going on a Nostalgia trip. Next up is Secret Window. Of course, i know about the plot twist, but I still think I will still enjoy it.
Me and the misses adore; Castaway, Captain Philips, Philadelphia, Sully, and who could ever forget BIG!

Simon Park

Dr. Strange

9/10

It was good, enjoyable performances and so on. The effects were mind-bending, and they captured the weirdness of the old Steve Ditko artwork from the 60's comics extremely well. The only downside was that, although they hit the key notes required for a superhero origin movie (arrogant smarty pants gets his comeuppance and then becomes a hero), there are aspects of it that are kind of rushed or feel glossed-over. Some ideas in it simply aren't fleshed out or seem to have been added as an afterthought (or something). Enjoyable movie, though, and I'm being nitpicky because I love the comic. I'd recommend it even though some little details irritated me a bit.