Rate the Last Film You Watched

Another attempt by me to get some film discussion going. It seems to be the only thing I talk about in the internet these days. :D

Pretty simple - say what film you watched recently and give it a score out of 10. A few sentences on why you liked/disliked it would be nice too if you want.

Posted my thoughts here.

The Others - 8.4

Watched this in school years ago, but recently saw how well it was reviewed so decided to watch it again. Great film with lots of tension and atmosphere. Nicole Kidman was great, haven't watched many of her films so I'd never really thought of her as a good actress but she was great in The Others. It's surprising to find a genuinly good film within this genre so it was a good watch. I'm not too sure about the ending though, can't say if I liked the twist or not.

it was a great movie.........yeah it was just a great movie :)
the only thing that i would say against it is at some points in the movie, the music sounded like celine dion was gonna start singing :D
yeah the soundtrack was too similar to Titanics

ten-foot-tryptych

half rock, half gas
Watched Billy Elliot on DVD a couple of days ago. I rate it about 6. It's well acted and realistic but there isn't enough of the T.Rex soundtrack that entices at the start and the whole movie isn't exactly gripping.

crank - 7/10

its a fuckin weird but not something i would classify as a bad movie.
its shot in a weird way and the script is fucked but not in a "bad" way.
i did produce a few lolz out of me though :D

Avatr 3D 8

Good movie so, pictures and animations wow .. f*****g great .
But the story is mhnaaaaa so easy , to simple ...

Anyway everybody should watch this movie in cinema, just because of the great animation.

2012. 8/10

Really good movie, but extremely predictable.
Overall it was awesome tho :)
The big fat russian guy and his kids annoyed me though :D

gdawg

Last film i watched is Family guy -Something Something Something Darkside, if that counts as a film. Id say 8/10, it was quite funny :D

Going to see Avatar 3D later :D

peachy901

Priest in the Church of Fender
Paranomal Activity - 10/10

well I heard it was scarey, and i NEVER get scared at films..... i slept with the light on for 2 days after watching this film :eek: I thought this film was very clever because, nothing really happens and you never really see anything - you make it scarey for yourself. I have quite an active imagination and it scared the sh*t out of me! And for that reason I love it! Its just so clever, and the story line it very simple but effective along with the filming style. the only thing I didn't really like was the character of the boy friend just because he was a bit annoying, but i think that was ment to be his character. This is the "excorcist" of our time, you NEED to see it! But i have found you either love it or hate it.

Enjoy!

woody77

Preparing To Join Club 40
Ring, the Japanese version 10/10
The original is far superior to the Hollywood version, because it does not depend on expensive CGI effects. It's all in the audio effects and score, I think Hollywood has forgot the techniques Hitchcock used in movies and replaced them for more eye candy. Ring kept to good old suspense and simple visual effects to keep folks on the edge of their seats :)

cderycke

"Your limits may not be where you think they are"
Scarface - Al Pacino plays Cuban criminal becomes miami drug lord. Gritty, Graphic and brilliantly well made. And one of the best movie quotes ever :D

"Say Hello To My Little Friend" :D

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
cderycke said:
Scarface - Al Pacino plays Cuban criminal becomes miami drug lord. Gritty, Graphic and brilliantly well made. And one of the best movie quotes ever :D

"Say Hello To My Little Friend" :D
Very memorable chainsaw scene........

cderycke

DrKarnivore said:
I remember watching that when I was about 12. No wonder I`m warped.......
:D :D :D I saw it when I was that age too :D :D :D
Maybe its why I like chainsaws :mad:
Apocolypse Now has a similar effect at that age :D

cderycke

woody77 said:
The Horror...
The Redux version is fekin wierd!! :eek:
Damn good though.

............................Has anyone seen ads for Star Wars in Concert??? Star Wars with a symphony orchestra at the same time!! Its footage of the 3 films plus the other shit 3 and the orchestra and live performaces.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

walk hard: the dewey cox story 9/10. not as funny the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time around but its still a great story.
and the music :eek: for a comedy film its got a fecking great soundtrack, all sung by john c reilly and i think he plays acoustic guitar on some aswell. it even includes a cover of david bowies "starman". my favourite is black sheep: a bryan adams style trip out song.
still an awesome film though i really recommend watching it.