Project Fitness, Group effort? Whose up for it?

mirage2101

Any rowers in?

Have been loaned a rowing machine for a while a I think I better have a go.

Anyone use a rowing machine for fitness? Any good? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
hm I know someone who used to row a lot. Even joined the European championship for rowing machines.
From what I know, it’s a low impact exercise. So that’s good. Just like biking. But you’ll want to check out a couple of YouTube videos or so for the proper way to row. If you don’t time it right or outright wrong, it can be very hard on your back.
Otherwise it’s supposed to be a great full body workout

Neilybob100

hm I know someone who used to row a lot. Even joined the European championship for rowing machines.
From what I know, it’s a low impact exercise. So that’s good. Just like biking. But you’ll want to check out a couple of YouTube videos or so for the proper way to row. If you don’t time it right or outright wrong, it can be very hard on your back.
That's sound advise. Thank you.

Euro championships for rowing machines!!? I'll be Googling that also

mirage2101

That's sound advise. Thank you.

Euro championships for rowing machines!!? I'll be Googling that also

they don’t call it that. But the fancy name for the machine. It was crazy. Every round they had to cart a couple of athletes away who went so far that they fell from their machine and couldn’t get up. With some puking.
Our friend had been on a very strict diet so she’d be in a lower weight class to have a shot at finishing around halfway.
but her diet also made it a lot harder for her to compete. She’s a great woman but when it comes to competition she’s got brain damage.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've started running again. On every day I work from home the laptop gets shut down at 5pm, I change and I run. I'm starting slow, though as I usually end up with some sort of injury. I'm doing just 10 minute runs, but I'm already noticing that they are getting easier. As soon as I notice they get too easy, I will start stretching them.

Magnus Pym

AKA - Two Kettles
I agree with @mirage2101 We used to have a rower. Get the technique right, It's about resistance and time more than speed. More like a treadmill or cross trainer than a spin bike. The back and forward motion can be hard on knees and backs, we sold ours when I had (unconnected to rowing) knee problems.

mirage2101

I've started running again. On every day I work from home the laptop gets shut down at 5pm, I change and I run. I'm starting slow, though as I usually end up with some sort of injury. I'm doing just 10 minute runs, but I'm already noticing that they are getting easier. As soon as I notice they get too easy, I will start stretching them.
Good going!!

my coach swears by running every other day. That way your body can recover.

mirage2101

Aaaaaand I pulled something in my leg...But I still ran through it and it was doable. It's feeling better today, so I think I will squeeze in a run this weekend and see how it goes.
Thats the hard part to judge. Should you run through it? Or take rest?

warm up slowly, walk for a couple minutes, run very slowly for a while, I do 1k but you can take walking breaks if you like and then do some active warmup exercises.
If you still feel your leg after that, it’s time to be very careful.
Keep in mind that fast intervals are often harder then long slow runs

beans & rice

Y'all seen Ethan Suplee recently? He was always a really big fella, forever destined to play the bully or lovable oaf in movies and TV. He's ripped as shit now. There are some loose skin issues, but I doubt he cares. Badge of honor at this point.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Thats the hard part to judge. Should you run through it? Or take rest?

warm up slowly, walk for a couple minutes, run very slowly for a while, I do 1k but you can take walking breaks if you like and then do some active warmup exercises.
If you still feel your leg after that, it’s time to be very careful.
Keep in mind that fast intervals are often harder then long slow runs
I've been doing 1.25km's in about 10 minutes, no breaks. I took a few days off now and will try again tonight.

Neilybob100

This is hard for me but come to realise that I'm unfit and over weight. My desk job doesn't help. Time for me to give myself a massive kick up the arse.

I'm now gonna start eating healthier, making better food choices. Also going to move the rowing machine from the garage to the living room and start to use it for 10mins a day.

This guy is really inspiring as his starting weight is as I am now. That's really hard to admit.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
That is a little on the fast side. 8min/km is a good pace to be at. Or at least a pace where you can talk. Most starting rubbers train too fast
I know. I'm impatient. And I get bored easily. And I listen to metal when I run, so you tend to speed up. I hate talking during running, but I get your point, lol.

I'll see how it goes tonight.