Project Fitness, Group effort? Whose up for it?

mirage2101

First proper winter run today. Only went 5,25k to try out how it felt, -4C/25F and some snow but no ice yet. Interesting experience, the extra layers of clothes seemed to drag down my already slow pace a bit more but I got it done. Only three months left until the weather gets easier. :cold:
Do you have a proper undershirt? I have a nike compression shirt that I use. That combined with a regular long sleeve, or when it's freezing a thicker one keeps me perfectly warm.
My wife got a nice softshell jacket last week that looks like it'll do the job even without an undershirt.
If it's windy I generally do undershirt, long sleeve and windbreaker.
Winter running tights are also great. I don't like tights but in winter I make an exception.

Do you have a proper undershirt? I have a nike compression shirt that I use. That combined with a regular long sleeve, or when it's freezing a thicker one keeps me perfectly warm.
My wife got a nice softshell jacket last week that looks like it'll do the job even without an undershirt.
If it's windy I generally do undershirt, long sleeve and windbreaker.
Winter running tights are also great. I don't like tights but in winter I make an exception.
I prepared with a couple of different compression shirts and tights during the autumn, got a few for regular low temperature wind/rain days and a few for when it's really cold. Using the layer-method I've never really had a problem with the temperature but I would like to get a softshell jacket better suited for freezing temperatures though, I also need to get a couple of long sleeve shirts; While the 5,25k worked out fine it would have gotten too cold on one of my 13k runs. :confused:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Upped my personal record yesterday when I reached 15k, 2k further than the 13k I did last month and inching closer to my next goal of 21k.

During the summer I never thought I’d stay motivated through the winter months but so far I’ve only really missed out on 2-3 runs due to weather or scheduel.
Good for you mate, winter's a real motivation killer.

I'm curious to see whether my job at Chipotle causes weight gain or weight loss...
More activity and generally more exertion than usual, but also... free burrito for my lunch (or burrito bowl, or salad... so I should probably be getting a salad... probably), and 50% discount on one other meal to take home (or when not working, in general), so... gotta do the math on the more exercise to more burrito ratio, there.
In other words, I really need to do the salad... I guess. :(

I'm curious to see whether my job at Chipotle causes weight gain or weight loss...
More activity and generally more exertion than usual, but also... free burrito for my lunch (or burrito bowl, or salad... so I should probably be getting a salad... probably), and 50% discount on one other meal to take home (or when not working, in general), so... gotta do the math on the more exercise to more burrito ratio, there.
In other words, I really need to do the salad... I guess. :(
you probably aren’t feeling up to burrito anyway when you’ve been in that air for the day.