Project Fitness, Group effort? Whose up for it?

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've not lost and not gained any weight since my last update. I did go to physical therapy to have my shoulder massaged. Have another session tomorrow. That should help with some issues. I'm now trying to figure out what type of sport I want to restart. The last time I started running, it went really well, until I hurt my knee. I need to find a new place for my weights since we had the baby so that's on hold. I always liked team sports like Basketball and Baseball, but it's just not popular in my area. I also feel like it's been too long since I've played to join a club with people who do it very often. I wish they had a hoop in my neighborhood. I used to have a hoop around the corner of my old house. That was great.

I do sometimes play catch with baseballs and baseball gloves with my wife, but she throws like a girl...so there's that.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
A different physio has given me the go ahead to start squatting again. So i've essentially started at the bottom. Around 40kg - 50kg or so is the range that gets me into the pain threshold they said I should be in. Humbling isn't even the word, but you reap what you sow and I was an idiot before. Damn tendons.

I think that I posted on the smile thread that I'd hit my original target almost two weeks ago (90 kg, coming from 105.2 kg last October). I've just moved house, which disrupted things last week although I certainly got plenty of weight training and cardio from lugging heavy boxes up and down the stairs! I am getting back into a pattern of twice squash and once gym each week, and I hope to get my cross trainer back up and running in the new house - there's a slight hitch in that the cable from the transformer was broken during the move and I have to fix that, but if I can add a couple of cardio sessions on the machine at home that would be great.

Last Sunday I was at 89.3 kg, and I reckon there's enough padding still for me to go down to 85 kg if I continue to be good.

There are so many benefits to this weight loss, both physical and mental. I feel better, happier about myself and stronger, and when I play squash I'm back to full mobility around the court (which I had lost some time ago). Since I'm newly single, I'm also looking to start dating (first date hopefully this Sunday) and obviously that process is much better if I'm in good condition rather than being overweight.

It's been a long process and it took a bit of mental energy and discipline, of course, but the results are great.

Garythesnail

got plenty of weight training and cardio from lugging heavy boxes up and down the stairs!
Sorry, that's given me a laugh at your expense -:bounce:

Well done - sounds like you've achieved it by employing a planned approach without shortcuts leaving you with a permanent improvement (watch your knees with all that time on the squash court though!)

EDIT TO ADD: the above was typed in while juggling cup of tea and a Snickers Marathon bar. I is failure:(

Last edited:
Well done - sounds like you've achieved it by employing a planned approach without shortcuts leaving you with a permanent improvement (watch your knees with all that time on the squash court though!)
That's the idea, I'm definitely intending not to let myself put that weight back on, some of the changes will be permanent.

Knees are a problem for squash players, indeed! Fortunately, I didn't do much sport before I was about 32 so I'm hoping that I avoided some of the early damage! Mine are fine so far, fingers crossed, at the age of 51 and hoping to keep playing squash until I'm at least 60 (and hopefully later).

Neilybob100

I've been a long standing Slimming World member. Kicked 2 1/2 stone last year and this year but since had issues and have fallen off of the wagon, correction: end of the world.

Misses and I have just signed back up with slimming world again as I know it works and it's a great support network.

I've always struggled with finding time to exercise. I'm either sitting at a desk or in the car or a sleep on the sofa. Really need to push myself.

Find that Hurricane Edna is a great inspiration. Just need to pull ones finger out.

#fitbeforeIm40

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
Monthly check in.
My running have been fine the past month. 2 x 5,5km and 1 x 3km a week.

I helped my son move 14 days ago. And although that went on to be a 12+ hour affair with lots of exercise :rolleyes: I also got myself a strained left arm/elbow which still hurts like a MF. :(

So I haven't done any lifting until today. I lowered the weights and just did some light repetitions. The elbow still hurts the same.
:confused:

Neilybob100

My head's been over the place recently and as a result I've been over eating / comfort eating way too much. I'm changing things today.
I'm so the same!

Ended up at KFC twice this week!

Attended Slimming World weigh in last night and my weight remainded the same. Which probably means I'll gain next week. My fault.

Gotta get back on it.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'm so the same!

Ended up at KFC twice this week!

It's very easy to end up in such places. Like yesterday, the traffic jam was so bad, I decided to make a stop at a shopping mall and maybe grab something to eat there. Honestly, all the options there are junk food and the only semi-healthy option was sushi, but you will easily pay €30 there for one meal. That's a bit much for a casual meal. There are too few healthy options. I wish they could do something about that.

If I go to the airport, which is on my way and has a shopping area as well, there are some options, but the parking there is insanely expensive.

mirage2101

It's very easy to end up in such places. Like yesterday, the traffic jam was so bad, I decided to make a stop at a shopping mall and maybe grab something to eat there. Honestly, all the options there are junk food and the only semi-healthy option was sushi, but you will easily pay €30 there for one meal. That's a bit much for a casual meal. There are too few healthy options. I wish they could do something about that.

If I go to the airport, which is on my way and has a shopping area as well, there are some options, but the parking there is insanely expensive.
you can get poke bowls at a lot of places these days. Especially if they can do 50/50 rice/salad it's pretty healthy.