Post Your Rig

Neilybob100

@Neilybob100

liking them burnys

an di have the same panama cab - used to run a tiny terror through it
Love the Panama cabinet for my Orange Jim Root Terror. Sounds great. The attenuator is very important for a happy marriage

Thinking I need to run the Peavey Classic 30 through the Panama with the attenuator off to see how it sounds. Maybe this weekend.

The Burny's are great. Currently have the flame LP tuned to open E as I'm trying to learn to slide and the LP custom in standard, Eb or drop d depending on the time of day and how I feel

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
It's just one guitar out of my rig, but I posted it this morning in the selling section and thought it might be nice to post it here as well. Every time I see this guitar, I can't help but fall in love with it again. It's been custom built for me by Frank de Haan, who also did @mirage2101 's guitar recently. Mahogany body, Walnut top, Maple neck and fretboard, 12 inch radius, 22 frets, Gotoh bridhe and tuners, Graphtech nut, TV Jones Classic Plus in the bridge, TV Jones Starwood Tele in the neck. Did I miss anything?

Seeing this picture makes me want to cancel the order on my new guitar and just play this one. On the other hand, I don't want to beat this one up too bad.

Tele.jpg

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Rack update.
After deciding to sell of some amps and pedals...... and replace them with a 'thing'...
I bought the 'thing' first..... A used Kemper for the rack of doom. Also made the rack taller (1u taller -took the whole flippin weekend)
Anyhoo....

The rationale/man-maths was... My pile of amps - if sold* would be the same value as a used Kemper, and the Kempers appearing on the used market in response to the Kemper Stage drove the used price down a bit. 2019-09-23 16.37.41.jpg
The two units integrate really well. I've placed the Kemper in a 'loop' using the spdif i/o (I don't know if avoiding 2 rounds of analogue to digital converstion is a good thing - but it works and doesn't take up an FX loop). Bonus -it came with some M Brit and Rabea Masaad profiles. Which is nice.

* if they don't sell....meh - I keep my amps - yay!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Rack update.
After deciding to sell of some amps and pedals...... and replace them with a 'thing'...
I bought the 'thing' first..... A used Kemper for the rack of doom. Also made the rack taller (1u taller -took the whole flippin weekend)
Anyhoo....

The rationale/man-maths was... My pile of amps - if sold* would be the same value as a used Kemper, and the Kempers appearing on the used market in response to the Kemper Stage drove the used price down a bit. View attachment 37418
The two units integrate really well. I've placed the Kemper in a 'loop' using the spdif i/o (I don't know if avoiding 2 rounds of analogue to digital converstion is a good thing - but it works and doesn't take up an FX loop). Bonus -it came with some M Brit and Rabea Masaad profiles. Which is nice.

* if they don't sell....meh - I keep my amps - yay!
That's the most epic rack ever!

Stigs

I haven't done a rig update in quite some time, and I bought some new gear in the past month and thought it would be a good time to do an update.

I bought a new PRS Mark Tremonti 1x12 Cab on Saturday. I traded in my old Peavey 1x12 with a Greenback in it and a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret for it. It's an amazing sounding cab and pairs with the Friedman Runt 20 so well.

Here's my Friedman and PRS Cab together:
amp+cab.jpg

A few weeks ago I replaced my Boss BD-2 with an J. Rockett Archer Ikon. I bought it used and sold my BD-2 to a friend to help compensate for it, and I couldn't be happier! It's an amazing pedal!

A few months ago I picked up a used TC HoF Mini because I needed some reverb as the Runt doesn't have it built in.

Other than that my gear has pretty much remained the same for the past few years. My number 1 guitar is my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Junior that I bought new in 2013. The only real upgrade I've made to it is that I replaced the bridge with a tonepros wraparound back in January. I've been contemplating changing the pickup out for a Mojotone quiet coil p90 because the stock pickup's 60 cycle hum can be obnoxious at times, but I'll see if I ever get around to it. I still have my 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Special with p90s (not pictured) and my Goldtop LP copy. I've also been borrowing my Dad's 1997 Les Paul Custom. It plays really well, but if it were mine I would definitely change the pickups. I really want to get either a decent Les Paul of my own, or a nice singlecut PRS (S2 series or used core SC245). I also really need an acoustic as I've been playing coffee house gigs a bit, and I don't want to keep borrowing my sister's guitar. These will be purchases I'll make down the road at some point.

I got a cool guitar rack for my birthday last week, which has really helped save space in the basement.
guitar rack.jpg
lp jr.jpg goldtop.jpg custom.jpg

My current pedalboard and my other pedals that I swap in and out of the chain:
pedalboard.jpg extra pedals.jpg

Last edited:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I haven't done a rig update in quite some time, and I bought some new gear in the past month and thought it would be a good time to do an update.

I bought a new PRS Mark Tremonti 1x12 Cab on Saturday. I traded in my old Peavey 1x12 with a Greenback in it and a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret for it. It's an amazing sounding cab and pairs with the Friedman Runt 20 so well.

Here's my Friedman and PRS Cab together:
View attachment 37454

A few weeks ago I replaced my Boss BD-2 with an J. Rockett Archer Ikon. I bought it used and sold my BD-2 to a friend to help compensate for it, and I couldn't be happier! It's an amazing pedal!

A few months ago I picked up a used TC HoF Mini because I needed some reverb as the Runt doesn't have it built in.

Other than that my gear has pretty much remained the same for the past few years. My number 1 guitar is my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Junior that I bought new in 2013. The only real upgrade I've made to it is that I replaced the bridge with a tonepros wraparound back in January. I've been contemplating changing the pickup out for a Mojotone quiet coil p90 because the stock pickup's 60 cycle hum can be obnoxious at times, but I'll see if I ever get around to it. I still have my 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Special with p90s (not pictured) and my Goldtop LP copy. I've also been borrowing my Dad's 1998 Les Paul Custom. It plays really well, but if it were mine I would definitely change the pickups. I really want to get either a decent Les Paul of my own, or a nice singlecut PRS (S2 series or used core SC245). I also really need an acoustic as I've been playing coffee house gigs a bit, and I don't want to keep borrowing my sister's guitar. These will be purchases I'll make down the road at some point.

I got a cool guitar rack for my birthday last week, which has really helped save space in the basement.
View attachment 37457
View attachment 37458 View attachment 37459 View attachment 37460

My current pedalboard and my other pedals that I swap in and out of the chain:
View attachment 37455 View attachment 37456
Nice man, that's a sweet rig. Got any more pics of the junior?

Stigs

Nice man, that's a sweet rig. Got any more pics of the junior?
Yeah. So three of these photos I just took now, and the one with a different pickguard was from a show back in August. I had a cheap junior replacement pickguard lying around that I wanted to try again as it didn't fit when I bought it. I filed it a bit, so at least one screw hole lined up, and it fit okay on the guitar. I decided to go back to the all black look for now though.
IMG_20191001_113635.jpg IMG_20191001_113652.jpg IMG_20191001_113648.jpg Junior with different pickguard.PNG

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Yeah. So three of these photos I just took now, and the one with a different pickguard was from a show back in August. I had a cheap junior replacement pickguard lying around that I wanted to try again as it didn't fit when I bought it. I filed it a bit, so at least one screw hole lined up, and it fit okay on the guitar. I decided to go back to the all black look for now though.
View attachment 37472 View attachment 37470 View attachment 37471 View attachment 37469
Very tasty, I like it. The black on black looks good.

DrHankWanfordSnr

Whooeee ! selling off my amp collection has gone fairly well

Marshall 8008 trannie rack amp, Marshall TSL602 combo, Acoustic As50r combo, and the Boss AC-3 pedal have all gone. Just the Marshall Class 5 and H&K Tubemeister head are left (my Marshall lead 12 stack stays no matter what), and I'm so close negating the spending on the Kemper that I can..... shut the sale down.

I used some ebay final value offers - its cost £1 per sale plus paypal fee (for the chaps who didn't pay cash). Yippee !

DrHankWanfordSnr

Good question. Apologies for the long rambling answer.

It is very good. In fact in some way its flipping superb, in one other its slightly behind the helix.

I have it fed from the Helix digital output and return to the Helix from the Kemper digital output - so it doesn't take up any of the other i/o. In Helix presets it sits between the two DSP paths. So Helix DSP Path one is in front of the Kemper, path 2 is....after the Kemper. The Helix footswitches can midi any of the Kemper FX on/off, and move through the banks of profiles - this is a bonus as the footpedal is pricey. The exp pedals attached to the Helix are midi'd into the Kemper. It pretty cool. I'm still at the point of flipping through presets and using it as a glorified amp head. It makes a Marshall sound as good/better as my TSL602 combo - without the wear and tear on the hearing - this alone justifies it.

The good.
Profiles - there are some epic sounds available. I'm trawling through the factory stuff and some free packs from t'internet - and its relatively easy to find cool sounds. There are sounds I don't like too. (Does this profile djent ? It may djent, but not on my watch.) I sold my Boss acoustic pedal... as the acoustic patches (profiles of the AC3 and others) I've found in Kemper are very very good. The effects are pretty good so far.

Are the FX better than Helix ? Some may be, some may not be. It'd be down to personal preference. But - Helix has way more drive options. different.

There is an PC editor literally days away so editing profiles will be easier (on the touchscreen right next to my rack) as...........

The bad.

The menu driven profiles and FX selection is a bit fiddly at first - and seems a bit old fashioned compared to the Helix - which has a much better interface. But you don't listen to the interface. This will be solved by the pc editor. Which is very close.
The amp profiles aren't as editable as the Helix models - the controls don't map onto the real world amps controls like the Helix....(they are a snapshot of an amp and speaker at a particular set of...settings - the Helix is a model of an amp - with controls which mimic the realworld controls) more like having an eq in your audio interface than on the amp - this is a relatively minor quibble as you get a pretty good amp sound .

That's it. Nothing else is bad.

I know it is a ludicrous rig just for my office - but - in a way its a really good home rig - all of the amps and effects I'll need in a lifetime, it sounds great through headphones / hifi/ guitar cabs. I bought it as I'd had it in my head to try having a Helix/Kemper rig at some point - and right now was the time to try it (a short period of alot of people selling rack/toaster units to buy the Stage version....into a market that only wants to buy a small number of used Kempers at any one time). The Kemper is a bit like the amplifi TT (bear with me) in that it works really well in a living room attached to your hifi. Would I be just as happy and well served with a £100 Amplifi TT, Yamaha THR, Katana or similar ? Yes. But I'd always wonder what the big guns were like - this is me finding out in a cash neutral way (it cost £950, and its been funded by selling stuff off).

Also -its on wheels I fully intend to wheel it into the living room - once I've gotten the i/o cabling to where they can be easily removed (re-cabling it takes roughly 2 hours).

Last edited:

mirage2101

Good question. Apologies for the long rambling answer.
I loved reading it! Thanks for taking the time.
I recognize a lot of what you say, and it pretty much confirms my choice for kemper. The thing I miss about the helix are those tasty drive pedals and I hope kemper will update their drive effects. Some high gain patches just aren't my cup of tea and I'd like to be able to throw effects in front of those fender amps.

DrHankWanfordSnr

I loved reading it! Thanks for taking the time.
I recognize a lot of what you say, and it pretty much confirms my choice for kemper. The thing I miss about the helix are those tasty drive pedals and I hope kemper will update their drive effects. Some high gain patches just aren't my cup of tea and I'd like to be able to throw effects in front of those fender amps.
Well. If I had my sound financial head on - I'd have sold the Helix too for a Stomp or HXFX - to retain the drive pedals/effects, and (in the Stomp) amps. Getting the King of tone model (before my turn at Analogman came round) and the Zendrive were solid reasons to keep some degree of Helix in the rig. And the I/O of the Helix is too much to give up - my rig is still able to play all the gear with no cables to plug/unplug.

I have alot of exploring to do. The Helix and Kemper each have a huge amount of stuff to play with.

[calls up a lightly overdriven Marshall, a light room reverb, and plays simple blues licks till bedtime].