Please Help with hooking 2 cabinets to 1 amp head

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
Yes, you can run a cable from each 8 Ohm output to each 8 Ohm cabinet with the Sonzera
My earlier agreement was a brain fart!

deedug:
This is incorrect for the Sonzera, as it is for virtually every tube amp ever made.

Tube amps have speaker output jacks which are wired in parallel; here is how that breaks down:
  • Single 16Ω Speaker Output Jack:
    • One 16Ω Speaker
    • Two 8Ω Speakers Wired in Series (Daisy Chaining Speaker Cabinets Creates Parallel Connections, Unless Stated Otherwise on the Cabinet)
  • Pair of 8Ω Speaker Output Jacks:
    • One 8Ω Speaker in One Jack
    • Two daisy-chained, 16Ω Speakers in One Jack
    • One 16Ω in Each Jack
  • Pair of 4Ω Speaker Output Jacks:
    • One 4Ω Speaker in One Jack
    • Two daisy-chained, 8Ω Speakers in One Jack
    • One 8Ω in Each Jack
    • Two daisy-chained, 16Ω Speakers in Each Jack

Last edited:
My earlier agreement was a brain fart!

deedug:
This is incorrect for the Sonzera, as it is for virtually every tube amp ever made.

Tube amps have speaker output jacks which are wired in parallel; here is how that breaks down:
  • Single 16Ω Speaker Output Jack:
    • One 16Ω Speaker
    • Two 8Ω Speakers Wired in Series (Daisy Chaining Speaker Cabinets Creates Parallel Connections, Unless Stated Otherwise on the Cabinet)
  • Pair of 8Ω Speaker Output Jacks:
    • One 8Ω Speaker in One Jack
    • Two daisy-chained, 16Ω Speakers in One Jack
    • One 16Ω in Each Jack
  • Pair of 4Ω Speaker Output Jacks:
    • One 4Ω Speaker in One Jack
    • Two daisy-chained, 8Ω Speakers in One Jack
    • One 8Ω in Each Jack
    • Two daisy-chained, 16Ω Speakers in Each Jack
Rob is right on that. Brain fart for me, too. Here’s the excerpt from the manual.

Image.png

deedug

Hi all. I just want to say thanks to everyone for there advice. I went to Thomann in Germany last week and got to try out about 15 different amps. I discovered that in the end I am a simple blues guy. I bought the Koch Juniper 45 head. I love it. I also bought the Thomann 2x12 cabinate with Celestons. For the price I just couldnt justify spending 650 Euro on a matching Cab compaired to 220 Euro for the Thomann Harley Benton. Thanks again guys. Now it time for me to work on getting my pedal board up and running.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Hi all. I just want to say thanks to everyone for there advice. I went to Thomann in Germany last week and got to try out about 15 different amps. I discovered that in the end I am a simple blues guy. I bought the Koch Juniper 45 head. I love it. I also bought the Thomann 2x12 cabinate with Celestons. For the price I just couldnt justify spending 650 Euro on a matching Cab compaired to 220 Euro for the Thomann Harley Benton. Thanks again guys. Now it time for me to work on getting my pedal board up and running.
Nice one man. I have the same cab and it sounds great.