Pickup suggestions needed...

Guitar-Gulliver

Officially "reasonably competent"
'Sup

So, after 2 years of trying - I can't get on with single-coils as bridge pickups...

I need a single-coil sized humbucker that will balance nicely with a neck and middle Lace Sensor Gold.

Strat is swamp ash with a maple neck+board - so nothing too bright sounding!!

Thanks!

I had the gold sensors with the red in the bridge and found it to be almost humbucker like, but if it's not floating yer boat a Jb junior or hotrails should do the trick ;)

MrDon

Owner of a heap of shit dentist guitars
Re-read the OP - needs to be a single-coil sized humbucker... Neither of these suggestions fit the sole criterion above.
Fair enough but the lace red is a very powerful pickup. I have used it with a silver/gold/red and also a blue/silver/red setup
I also have one as a Dually! Now thats one hot MF'ing pickup

Guitar-Gulliver

Officially "reasonably competent"
Fair enough but the lace red is a very powerful pickup. I have used it with a silver/gold/red and also a blue/silver/red setup
I also have one as a Dually! Now thats one hot MF'ing pickup

It's not the low output that bothers me about the Lace Sensor, it's that it doesn't sound like a humbucker. If they made a dually that was single-coil sized - I'd be on it like stink on cheese!!

DiMarzio fast track 2.

I have one of those in my other strat, which has quite high output pickups in it, and was worried it might be a bit too aggressive to work nicely with the vintage output Lace Sensors...

David R Ferguson

Stratoholic Blues Noodler
Dimarzio Chopper, or Dimarzio BC2.

I just put a Dimarzio Chopper in my main Strat. Maple neck, alder body. I left the 250k pots in, to still give me nice mids and lows. I love it. Mixes very very well with the Fender Custom Shop 57/62 I have in the neck and middle.
Here is a spec sheet on The Chopper.
http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/strat/hum-canceling-strat/chopper

If you are looking for even a hotter pickup, and want even more punched mids, and warm lows. I would check out the BC2.
Here is a spec sheet on that as well.
http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/strat/hum-canceling-strat/dimarzio-bc-2

ThomasIV

sun's out, puns out
I have a Chopper in my G&L's neck position, and I'd say it would do perfectly in the bridge with vintage-sounding neck and middle pickups.