Pickup Replacement ML2 Modern

Discussion in 'Chapman Guitars' started by Smell The Glove, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Smell The Glove

Smell The Glove Member

I am replacing the bridge pickup in my ML2 modern standard with a 1 wire humbucker. Do I just connect the humbucker to the vol, or does the humbucker have to be connected to the vol and the tone switch opposite the ground connection? There has to be a diagram for this and a diagram for the ML2 modern standard some links to this would be great. Also what size vol pots does the ML2 standard have, not resistance but physical size and pole length needed for a replacement. Thanks

2. Smell The Glove

Smell The Glove Member

I am not splitting the new humbucker, so does the circuit require I run the humbucker and bridge vol pot into the push pull tone pot? Also is there a problem not have a humbucker connection to the middle connection of the push pull tone pot? Is this the wiring of the ML2 modern standard?

Attached Files:

3. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”

This (PDF link) is what you want: each humbucker's black wire represents your lone conductor, and the metal on the exterior of that wire should connect where the green and bare wires connect.

Regarding the tone pot wiring, consider this.

Jed Curtis likes this.
  4. A-D-L

A-D-L Northern Monkey

Make sure you buy the correct sized humbucker!

I don't know if they changed it but in the previous ML-2 you needed a long legged F-Spaced humbucker in the bridge.