People with guitars who don't know what they are doing

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I like him more than TTK but I don't think either mean any harm and can easily be avoided if necessary.
I've mentioned before about TTK. I had the pleasure of talking to him a bit. He helped me out when he didn't need to. He is a genuinely nice guy and he is absolutely himself in his video's. It's just him enjoying his hobby that has gotten slightly out of hand.

As for Phil, I don't know him, but he seems nice. I needed to get used to him in the beginning, but he has some interesting video's and I agree with most of his tips and tricks.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
Why do people hate on Phillip so much? I mean he's not my favorite or anything, far from it, but I don't hate him.
I don't "hate" him ... actually I don't think I "hate" anyone - online or IRL.

But he does come across very clickbaity IMO. My solution - I don't watch his videos.

Actually - after a few years with maybe too many YT-subs I have deleted most of those "talking head trying to win more sub"-channels from my feed.

I think last man standing there is Adam Neely cause he actually makes prober content. And also those who just mainly PLAYS without further BS like Mateus Asato.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
I don't "hate" him ... actually I don't think I "hate" anyone - online or IRL.

But he does come across very clickbaity IMO. My solution - I don't watch his videos.

Actually - after a few years with maybe too many YT-subs I have deleted most of those "talking head trying to win more sub"-channels from my feed.

I think last man standing there is Adam Neely cause he actually makes prober content. And also those who just mainly PLAYS without further BS like Mateus Asato.
I am in the "like" camp when it comes to Phil, but I get what you're saying. If you like Adam Neely, do you like Rick Beato? He focuses less on playing and more about talking about music as a whole. I find most of his content very enlightening.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
I am in the "like" camp when it comes to Phil, but I get what you're saying. If you like Adam Neely, do you like Rick Beato? He focuses less on playing and more about talking about music as a whole. I find most of his content very enlightening.
I like some of Beato's content. When he focuses I think he is almost on par with Neely.

But I have sometimes gotten this Ripley feeling with him ...

... when he goes on Apple rants and the like.

Luckily it's been a while since that and I hope he stays clear of that.

Chu

Why do people hate on Phillip so much? I mean he's not my favorite or anything, far from it, but I don't hate him.
I don't hate many people at all, the only that come close are politicians. Regarding Phillip, there is something about him that irks me, almost a patronisingly educational approach. That said, I've seen about three of his videos and have avoided him since. I wouldn't wish any offence to him, as he's probably a decent chap.

Likewise, when Chappers gets grief about playing the same thing over and over; there's no need to be rude. I run run out of licks after 3 minutes and I've seen videos of my idols such as Dave Gilmour and Devin Townsend and it's much the same.... Longer than 3 minutes of course but you know what I mean!

Last edited: