Outlook help

Alan O'hagan

what I need is this (below) but I’m such a Luddite I’m struggling to put it into words.

- multiple people use a QR code reader to open a pre defined email address
- when the new email opens the person scanning the QR code (on their smart phone) is presented with a user form in to which they enter some data.
- they then press send and the email goes to the address described in the QR code.

Is that actually possible?

Thanks in advance

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
AFAIK QR codes just hold information they don't do the work and if they did it would be a security nightmare.

I think, even if it worked you would be relying on Outlook to have a method that you could use to request it to do the work. You would then be at the mercy of MS and the users security settings to keep it working. Also difficult to switch off. As @metromusic said direct them to a web page with an email form it. There are pages on line about how to create an email form.

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
Yeah, I had a look into it this morning and you can generate an email from a QR code, but as said this is the main point:

I think, even if it worked you would be relying on Outlook to have a method that you could use to request it to do the work. You would then be at the mercy of MS and the users security settings to keep it working.
There's so many variables to consider in that vein, for example what if people don't have Outlook installed/use a different service. Best practice would be to send them to a web form, plus if you're hosting it as part of your own site then at least you'll be sending them there as well :)

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
Yeah, you can use a QR code to link to a Google form. Haven't really tried it, but I've filled in Google forms before so would probably work for what you'd want