Orange Dual Terror

chrisjeffs

I collect stamps and have erectile dysfunction
I'm disappointed already.... the tiny terror is overpriced where i live for what it is, so I can't imagine the dual terror would be any better in a value sense.

I'd bet my money on the fact it'll sound DAMN GOOD though.

Its going to be cool for it to have a second channel, but has anyone heard the "fat" channel? can chappers tell us anything about it? I agree the only problems that the original TT had was that it was overpriced, no loop, no reverb. I wonder why they didn't add those

Mojo292

Ardie93 said:
Its going to be cool for it to have a second channel, but has anyone heard the "fat" channel? can chappers tell us anything about it? I agree the only problems that the original TT had was that it was overpriced, no loop, no reverb. I wonder why they didn't add those
I would say the big reason for reverb would be size requirements. After all if it got to big it would have to be called the tubby terror, lol. Reverb would be nice though.

Ardie93 said:
overpriced - I saw it go for 400 new every time mark got one
no loop - effects loop rapes tone (subjective)
reverb - reverb is just an attempt to cover up a dry amp (subjective)

honestly my only complaint against the tiny terror is the master volume / preamp volume (ie "gain") configuration. Every time I played one, to get usuable cleans I had to put both on 10 and turn the guitar volume way down, which meant it only worked well with guitars I had good electronics in (so, not my strats lol)

Thanks, I just had a look and they reckon it will be coming in Jul 2009. Though with the exchange rates the way they are I reckon it will probably be around the $1400-$1600 in AUD.

Not sure if this is great value, might be worthwhile just sticking to my original plan and getting the original tiny terror.

But hey, this is good news for people looking to buy a regular one, bc people are going to start selling their old TT's to buy the new ones. But i already got mine, and the dual doesn't interest me :( :(

maxlamenace

For more information and price, check this link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.proguitarshop.com/index.php?CategoryID=663">http://www.proguitarshop.com/index.php?CategoryID=663</a><!-- m -->

819$ for the dual, and 549$ for the tiny... pretty expensive...

maxlamenace said:
For more information and price, check this link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.proguitarshop.com/index.php?CategoryID=663">http://www.proguitarshop.com/index.php?CategoryID=663</a><!-- m -->

819$ for the dual, and 549$ for the tiny... pretty expensive...
other el84 amps:

vox ac30 - 1000 for regular, 1500 for alnico blues, 2500 for brian may signature
marshall 1974x - 2300
trainwreck liverpool - 20000 D:

ok maybe thats a bit much but you get the point. the tiny terror is pretty fucking cheap. removed due to overwhelming fail.

pmcmanis said:
ok maybe thats a bit much but you get the point. the tiny terror is pretty fucking cheap. as for the dual terror, it cant possible have 3 el34s and run at 30 watts. 2 cathode biases el34s puts a marshall 1987 at 50w, 4 is the 100w plexi. You might get 30w if you had 4 ss rectified el84s, or 2 tube rectified el34s. Not sure whats going there.
:confused:

now for reference:

marshall
jtm45 - 2 kt66s , tube rectified , 30watts
jtm50 - 2 el34s , tube rectified , 50watts
1974x - 2 el84s , tube rectified , 18watts
2061 - 2 el84s , solid state rectified , 20watts
1987x - 2 el34s , solid state rectified , 50watts
1959slp - 4 el34s , solid state rectified , 100watts
marshall major - 8 6551s / el34s , solid state , 200watts

vox
ac15 - 2 el84s , tube rectified , 15watts
ac30 - 4 el84s , tube rectified , 30watts

hiwatt
dr103 - 4 el34s , solid state rectified , 100watts

orange
rockerverb 50 - 4 6v6s , solid state rectified , 50 watts
rockerverb 100 - 4 el34s , solid state rectified , 100watts
retro - 2 el34s , solid state rectified , class a 30watts , class a/b 50watts

fender
deluxe reverb - 2 6v6s , tube rectified , 22watts
twin reverb - 4 6l6s, tube rectified , 85 watts

wow I am fail.

chrisjeffs

I collect stamps and have erectile dysfunction
RedShredMaster5000 said:
Thats just a guess though ! I could be wrong. I seriously hope I am wrong as at that price im not sure if its such a good deal .....
It's not really that bad I guess, for 30 watts.. but I reckon I'd be able to pick up a brand new AC30 combo for the same price (albeit a custom classic... still very decent amps to my ears)

If they could do better on the price, or release a combo at the latter price, then that would make it a good deal I think.

I'd look into buying it if I could get it in a 2x12 combo for the same as an ac30.