bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Thanks for all the comments guys!
I’ve hardly been able to put this axe down since it arrived and I continue to marvel at everything about it.
The pickups deserve a special mention though; obviously they’re lovely but they’re also incredibly clear for humbuckers (AlnicoV Vintage Warm in case you were wondering) and I’ve found myself playing everything from ambient cleans to filthy fuzz riffs on them. And bloody hell, they handle both and everything in between superbly well too.
If the Straplocks I’ve ordered arrive isn’t time, it’s coming with me to rehearsal on Tuesday to put it through it’s paces at a higher volume.
Pretty goddamn excited about that happening too!
:)

Friends don't let other friends... not buy awesome guitars..? :eek: I love the Revstars and Yamaha overall, these are a nice evolution of the SG-series (though I like those as well) and I'd love to have one that was reliced to hell and back. HNGD!

..And awesome demo! :bounce:

bad alice

SWEET. Congrats!!!!!
What an absolute beauty! I bet that's inspired many hours of playing and creativity already! I love new gear days!
Cheers guys. And yep, a whole slew #wordoftheday of new riffs have been written on this guitar already. Loving it!
Friends don't let other friends... not buy awesome guitars..? :eek: I love the Revstars and Yamaha overall, these are a nice evolution of the SG-series (though I like those as well) and I'd love to have one that was reliced to hell and back. HNGD!

..And awesome demo! :bounce:
Thanks @Strigidae - that means a lot bud
A knackered old hoodie might not be my most *glamorous* look for a demo as has been pointed out by others elsewhere. *sighs and shakes head*
But fuck that;
The point of ANY demo is to demonstrate what the guitar looks like and sounds like and talk through any special features that guitar might have.
What the reviewer is wearing shouldn’t come into it
Although I can understand the jealously some may feel on seeing my amazing Spider-Man PJ bottoms (see whatI did there;))
But, that nonsense aside, this guitar is a PEACH...

Chu

Cheers guys. And yep, a whole slew #wordoftheday of new riffs have been written on this guitar already. Loving it!

Thanks @Strigidae - that means a lot bud
A knackered old hoodie might not be my most *glamorous* look for a demo as has been pointed out by others elsewhere. *sighs and shakes head*
But fuck that;
The point of ANY demo is to demonstrate what the guitar looks like and sounds like and talk through any special features that guitar might have.
What the reviewer is wearing shouldn’t come into it
Although I can understand the jealously some may feel on seeing my amazing Spider-Man PJ bottoms (see whatI did there;))
But, that nonsense aside, this guitar is a PEACH...
Seriously, has someone actually picked up on what you were wearing? I get that a professional might want to dress accordingly but the only thing I really give a shit about is the gear being demonstrated properly. I've always love Guitarist Magazine reviews that actually demonstrate the basic sounds of the pickups and sweep of the controls. I don't need a million riffs or flashy solos to tell me whether I have any interest in the gear. I found your demo excellent and seeing the guitar being played very much fast forwarded my initially neutral feelings to being rather taken with that Yamaha!

bad alice

Seriously, has someone actually picked up on what you were wearing? I get that a professional might want to dress accordingly but the only thing I really give a shit about is the gear being demonstrated properly. I've always love Guitarist Magazine reviews that actually demonstrate the basic sounds of the pickups and sweep of the controls. I don't need a million riffs or flashy solos to tell me whether I have any interest in the gear. I found your demo excellent and seeing the guitar being played very much fast forwarded my initially neutral feelings to being rather taken with that Yamaha!
Thanks @Chu
And yes, it seems there MAY be...
*looks around conspiratorially*
ASSHOLES out there in interwebzland:eek:
Who knew?
:D

Chu

Thanks @Chu
And yes, it seems there MAY be...
*looks around conspiratorially*
ASSHOLES out there in interwebzland:eek:
Who knew?
:D
I have been working with a newbie for a couple of weeks (that's a lie, I've actually been on holiday but beforehand) and I was told something like 'She's seems really nice but maybe a little too nice for her own good'. WTF is wrong with being nice? It should be the default. Before anyone says 'Being nice doesn't win anything', neither does being an arsehole. Being good at stuff is what wins.

Garythesnail

Hello all - new stranger here.:)

Just popping in to give a 'thank you' to @bad alice so sorry for reviving an old thread.

This photograph, the description and youtube video from Suzy (awesome spidey-pj's btw) are responsible for me being a little poorer now that I've splashed out on a 'steel rust' version of the same instrument. This particular instrument is still for sale but was a bit too far away for me, so a B stock item (buggered if I can tell why it's B-stock) has been delivered to the door.

I'm a grumpy old man wanting to add to my collection of chords (that'll be four......ish) before I hit 50 (not long to go) and wanted to give it a proper go with a 'nice' instrument. I know I can only compare to a 30 year old pacifica bought in Argos and my daughter's 15 year-old, low end Dean explorer, but "job, jobbed" - whether you love or loathe the looks, it 'feels' really nice (to the point I just fiddle with the push-pull or pickup selector because they're silky smooth). Even putting the lead just feels lovely . . . . . I've always been a bit strange though:confused:

Thanks Suzy:clap:

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Happy NGD!!

Don’t forget.. scientists only recently found the fourth chord. They’re still theorizing that this mean there might be more chords.
Philosophy says: Any more than three chords is superfluous.
From Wikipedia
Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor (Latin: novacula Occami); is the problem-solving principle that states "entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily".

Congrts on the NGD by the way. Any pictures?