NGD: Thunderbirds are go!

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
So. To cut a long story short my daughter mentioned bass guitars so I sold off a 6 string and bought one. I didn't know I really liked Thunderbirds until I saw this one on Gumtree but apparently I do. It's a 2006 (possibly) Epiphone in immaculate condition. The seller and I arranged a social distance try out which involved him cleaning with disinfectant wipes and setting up in his garage. It looked right, felt right and sounded right so I bought it. Also it had flat wound strings on (which I prefer) and came with a strap and a rather nice Warwick RockBag. I'm playing through my THR10 on Bass setting and it's fine, The phase effects work really well. 'Dancing in the Moonlight all the way. It does neck dive so I will probably move the strap button to the neck but apart from that (and the obvious issue with it not standing up or fitting guitar stands) everything is great. Daughter will get to have a go soon when I get over the initial bloom.

On a rather odd downer the guy was selling it because he had developed an ear problem called Diplacusis that means a band or singer would sound out of tune to him when they weren't so he was giving up playing live and selling off some of his gear (He is also selling a Hartke LH500 for £240). Anyway - Enjoy.
Thunderbird (2).jpg

Last edited:

JimothyBeed

The Fired Up Bassist.
Ah nice yeah that's same as one I had.... When you mentioned flat-wounds I thought it could've been mine having not had a string change for years haha.

If you're looking for guitar stands, either a hercules stand that grabs it by the neck and just has a rest down the bottom that doesn't hold onto the bottom of it. Or one that has a twistable bottom rest on it, that can move into an angle that will hold it in place.

HNBD :)

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
So. To cut a long story short my daughter mentioned bass guitars so I sold off a 6 string and bought one. I didn't know I really liked Thunderbirds until I saw this one on Gumtree but apparently I do. It's a 2006 (possibly) Epiphone in immaculate condition. The seller and I arranged a social distance try out which involved him cleaning with disinfectant wipes and setting up in his garage. It looked right, felt right and sounded right so I bought it. Also it had flat wound strings on (which I prefer) and came with a strap and a rather nice Warwick RockBag. I'm playing through my THR10 on Bass setting and it's fine, The phase effects work really well. 'Dancing in the Moonlight all the way. It does neck dive so I will probably move the strap button to the neck but apart from that (and the obvious issue with it not standing up or fitting guitar stands) everything is great. Daughter will get to have a go soon when I get over the initial bloom.

On a rather odd downer the guy was selling it because he had devolved an ear problem called Diplacusis that means a band or singer would sound out of tune to him when they weren't so he was giving up playing live and selling off some of his gear (He is also selling a Hartke LH500 for £240). Anyway - Enjoy.
View attachment 39624
This would quite possibly be my bass of choice if I was to join a band as a bassist now.