NGD Pt1: Strengthening and consolidating...

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
A bass player with no funk?? WTF? I've known guitarists in thrash metal bands take up bass and transform into Bootsie Collins overnight. All bass players like funk. Bass is funk. Weird.
A bass player without funk?
Like a sandwich with no bread
Shoes with no soles
Rock without roll
ZEE METULZ WITH NO GAIN
Jeez...

Who broke the world?
:cold:

Chu

Awesome geetar by the way, I've grown to love SGs more and more as the years have gone. I used to dismiss them because they weren't Les Pauls, but I really can't play one of those anymore.

You make so many points that make me want to jump up shouting 'Yes! I've been thinking this for years!'
From the 'best' pickups not automatically being aftermarket replacements, that weight is a huge factor when playing in a band (goddamn I love my two semi-hollow SEs) and something as unbelievable as fretboard inlays being a source of inspiration.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Nice! happy SG day Suzy!

ps. it's already got a Batman reference, no need for further mods! ;)
Thank you kindly good sir.
If (yes, IF) any mods are to happen it won’t be until 2020 so rest easy.

For now.
;)
:)
Awesome geetar by the way, I've grown to love SGs more and more as the years have gone. I used to dismiss them because they weren't Les Pauls, but I really can't play one of those anymore.
Thanks bud and yeah, up until recently I was a definite “nope” where SGs were comcerned.
Is a LP more appealing aesthetically? Hell yes.
Is a LP too heavy and uncomfortable for me and an utter bastard when you want to get to anything above the 15th fret. Hell yes.
I’m learning to love SGs...
:)

You make so many points that make me want to jump up shouting 'Yes! I've been thinking this for years!'
From the 'best' pickups not automatically being aftermarket replacements, that weight is a huge factor when playing in a band (goddamn I love my two semi-hollow SEs) and something as unbelievable as fretboard inlays being a source of inspiration.
<brief moment of OHTHANKGODIT’SNOTJUSTMEABOUTFRETBOARDS>
:D