NGD, now with more strings.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
Well, this sure has been quite a while coming.
I've been wanting a 7 string for quite a while, playing whatever I could get my hands on at guitar shows and stores. Knew about .strandberg* for ages and after trying a few years ago I haven't managed to find a 7 I like better. So a couple of weeks ago I went to GuitarGuitar in Glasgow (sorry @bad alice i'll catch you next time) and tried two of them out against each other. A standard and original 7, one with passives and another with Fishman Fluence pickups.
I was there for about two hours or so going back and forth and then trying every other 7 string I could see.
I ended up walking away with this.

A standard 7 with passive pickups, 5 way switch with two of them including coil splits for nice versatility. It's actually a bit more green in real life which you get a hint of in the first picture.

Is it official that I have no taste now? Am I doomed to playing wanky technical shit for the rest of my life? Only time will tell.

Last edited:

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
Awesome mate! What's the neck like?
Super smooth. Keeps my thumb in a great place all the time so the wrist is straight. Didn't take much getting used to.
That flat part is great for chords as it gives you the best place to grip and then when you play noodly things the thumb is on the top groove. Is very nice and nothing else is quite like it.

Is it official that I have no taste now? Am I doomed to playing wanky technical shit for the rest of my life? Only time will tell. [/QUOTE said:
If it is, so be it. That is a sweet guitar! I've heard the wait on customs from them is up to two years.

Interesting, always appalled and strangely fascinated by them!
HNGD!

And the important question straight out of a time machine of generalism: does it Djent?! ;)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Ooooh, these look so nice. One of the few modern looking guitars that I really like. The white is also quite nice. I would have hard time choosing.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
If it is, so be it. That is a sweet guitar! I've heard the wait on customs from them is up to two years.
Yeah it can be quite a while, but what the custom shop turns out is quite magical.
Ooooh, these look so nice. One of the few modern looking guitars that I really like. The white is also quite nice. I would have hard time choosing.
White one was the "original" and since it had active pickups I decided against it. The standard comes in black and blue but i'm tempted to get mine refinished to a dark green.