NGD: Chapman ML-1 reissue. I'm one of you finally!

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Joey, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Joey BAMF

Message Count:
    YouTube Channel:
    TheJLQ
    Hey there all.

So the day has come - I finally own a Chapman. It felt surreal unpacking the box this morning and holding the creation I have drooled over on youtube for many a time.

First impressions though: the guitar is solidly built, performing perfectly as an instrument with seamless playability as well as looking incredible. The neck feels like it was made for me; satin finishing creates a comfortable atmosphere for my left hand. The PJ setup it received was done very well, as action was low and bends didn't choke.

The timbers used look and feel astounding. The grain pattern on the 2 piece mahogany is reminiscent of the Hufschmid bodies. Having never had an ebony board before, I was excited to try one out. In all honestly, I prefer the lighter brown of this fretboard. Hardware is also sturdy and I won't be changing the pickups anytime soon.

Anyway here are some pics, fap.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

These were all taken on my iPhone, cracking camera!
  2. big bear kris Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Wow, happy NGD buddy!

Awesome looking ML-1 - what finish is that? Looks like transblack but I've got one and mine is solid black on the back :) Seems like transblack front and ASB-is-like back ;) which is incredible! It is indeed nice and comfy neck - I'm so used to its satin finish that my other guitars feel weird when I play them.

Enjoy!
  3. Joey BAMF

Message Count:
    YouTube Channel:
    TheJLQ

Yeah transblack for this one. But in the day light it appears to be like the ASB back which is my favourite. Looks classic, and this is a mix of the two! There is a nice bit of chunk to the neck too!
    big bear kris likes this.
  4. big bear kris Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That's great, I also think that ASB back finish is the best of all available ones - nice score!
  5. Sam Mj Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Sweet! HNGD! Very cool picture of the fretboard, that ebony looks amazing! :D
    Joey likes this.
  6. David R Ferguson Stratoholic Blues Noodler

Message Count:
    YouTube Channel:
    Snakelings
    HNGD day. I need to get me one of these.
    Looks awesome.

Is the string inlet for the A string on the bridge block off set? 3rd picture down.
  7. Craig Medlin Craigy, Craigo.

Message Count:
  8. Qinnyan Dave, just Dave

Message Count:
    Totally awesome!!! Happy NGD man!
  9. Felix Addicted to Grunge

Message Count:
    The flame is stunning! You've done really well with the guitar, I hope you get a life times worth of enjoyment out of playing it dude!

These guitars are really impressive for not only the design, build and service, but on price nothing even comes close to delivering the same kind of status.

I love the look of the products Chapman have lined up and if I get some money set aside for another guitar, I would have to go for a British made ML-1 or 3 with a nice hard tail.
  10. Wade Garrett Hi. My name is Wade and I'm a modaholic.

Message Count:
    YouTube Channel:
    GronwRoberts
    Very nice indeed!
  11. doctorpaul Whatever

Message Count:
    Fap fap fap!!