NGD: Because GAS will NOT bend to reason...

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
That is one heck of an Epi!
Gotta love that old headstock design. A lot of the Epiphone Wilshires and the similar shapes, that I've kinda always loved, have an odd Strat-esque headstock all their own, basically, but some (probably in '89) have that headstock instead, and boy, it makes a difference in looks, for sure.
Reminds me of my old LP knockoff... makes me want another... but then... I talk myself out of it (mostly when I remember how heavy my Chapman ML-3 is, and that it's LIGHTER than the last LP I liked...).

And, uh-...
Damn forgot the pic!
Are these the tiniest pots known to man?
Or is it just a REALLY big control cavity?
*pauses for effect*
YOU DECIDE.
View attachment 36612
:D
That's one heck of a soldering job, too...
These electronics need professional help.
A full pot-ectomy.
And you know, wire-ectomy, pickup-ectomy... the works.
Rip 'em out, shove new ones in, pretend they were there all along, the usual.

Grats on the new bursty goodness! Hopefully your LP GAS is sated and remains so... at least until it gets replaced by a Telecaster, or something :D.

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
there is nothing inherently wrong with small pots, you can get rubbish large pots as well

even CTS make smaller pots

https://www.northwestguitars.co.uk/...lQk0lkU0GVabXWGjQJiHlkxId_zRDkphoCUV8QAvD_BwE

i use Alpha pots - both sizes work well. i use the smaller ones mostly in teles, where the control cavity tends to be a little tight. you have to be a little more accurate with your soldering, given the smaller ones have less area

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your comments on this thread.
I’m really enjoying busting out lower string bluesy rock riffs on this thing
And there is something eminently pleasing about looking across the sitting room and seeing it sitting there in all its orangey-cherry burst glory.
To answer a few questions:
1. Leather pants? ALWAYS. Mitch and Rippers have pairs too. To contain the magnitude of RAWK within our home. #healthandsafety
2. New pickups and harness? To use excellent parlance of our own dear @everfreetree ”the ectomies cometh”. Incoming.
3. Will I ever take this guitar to rehearsal? No. No. GOD NO. This is unequivocally a play-it-sitting-down guitar. It’s HEAVY. However, it does sit on my knee in a way more balanced fashion than other similarly weighty LPs I’ve played. No feeling of the body wanting to slide off my knee in an inexorably pulled by gravity to the Earth’s core with this one. Whoop whoop. I think accepting its limits in terms of where I will play it in addition to not feeling such an obligation for it to be regularly played (due entirely to it being my cheapest guitar) Ithe mean this one will stick around for a while? I’ll keep you posted on that though. Obvs.
4. First Riff? Whacked on some delay and the intro to Welcome To The Jungle (proper version ie pedalling off the open B string) roared out of my cab. Hell. YES.
:)

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
there is nothing inherently wrong with small pots, you can get rubbish large pots as well

even CTS make smaller pots

https://www.northwestguitars.co.uk/...lQk0lkU0GVabXWGjQJiHlkxId_zRDkphoCUV8QAvD_BwE

i use Alpha pots - both sizes work well. i use the smaller ones mostly in teles, where the control cavity tends to be a little tight. you have to be a little more accurate with your soldering, given the smaller ones have less area
Ah hah!
Funny you post this @johnniegoat
For a set of alpha pots were purchased from eBay late last night
Good to hear you recommending them too bud...
:)