NGD: A question

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
Untitled-1.jpg
I've wanted a BC Rich Bich for a long time and one of the Korean ones popped up at a really good price, so I pulled the trigger. Although the stock Rockfield pickups aren't bad, I have a couple of Bare Knuckle pups I'm going to put in there and I think I'm going to get a pickup cover. Interested in what you think of these options. I'm partial to the one on the far left, yellow pearloid, but must admit the mahogany one on the right is growing on me.

In addition to the pickup swap, I'm replacing the pots, switch and jack, and the tuning machine heads. I'll post better pics when I've done the upgrades and cleaned this thing up some.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Cool score! I think the cover selection is really personal. I would have never thought of pearloid as a pickup cover. I'd rather just do open coil black pickups or black or chrome covered pickups.

SemiCullen

Cool score! I think the cover selection is really personal. I would have never thought of pearloid as a pickup cover. I'd rather just do open coil black pickups or black or chrome covered pickups.
Of course ultimately I'm going to do what I want, but I'm interested in other opinions.

SemiCullen

I saw a video not too long ago that talked about how pickup covers affect the sound. The results seemed to be: yes they do, but almost negligibly. However, this was for all metal covers. I have no idea how the plastic or wood covers would impact sound, if at all.