New metal head

Hi all :)

I'm Becky, currently living in Reading UK; although I'm thinking I might have to move back Guildford way some time.

I was bought a Spanish guitar at age 12 (I'm 40 now), and given classical lessons, but I didn't really like it. Then a squire stratocaster at about 15; but I really didn't like that either, but persisted with it. It wasn't until I got into college and a friend introduced me to Metallica that I really knew what I would be playing. So the strat got given away, and I got a LTD F300-FM (which I still have) upgraded to EMG active pickups, which I did myself, thanks to Electronics classes in school, and a Line 6 Spider II 2x12.

Eventually I got tired of trying to redial the settings on the spider and got a POD x3 Live and stuck it through monitor speakers - which I've had since 2008.
I've always ran a dual rig on the pod x3, low end sound through one amp, mids and high end through the second; and/or something tight mixed with something saturated to give a nice balanced full sounding tone.

This year I gave away my POD x3 to a friend's son and got myself a Mooer Pre-amp Live, Mooer 5150 pre-amp & Mooer Radar as a base rig, and in the process of building up a pedal board with real pedals to match what I had on the x3 live; and it's proving a challenge. It probably would have been cheaper, easier and quicker to get a Helix; but I guess, having had a POD for 10 years I want something a little bit more solid; plus I've done all the experimenting and found the gear I need to get.
Roland JC120 Chorus circuit... HELLO MY SWEET.

I have a Maxon RTO700 on back order at Andertons for some real tube distortion and thinking about getting a Boss ES-8; but that's all going to depend on whether it can do a signal chain with left and right split or not - there's not much information about how it uses left and right outputs; but I think I worked out a way to Jerry rig the volume send/return to run stereo; but the number of pedals I have... do they do a ES-12? haha

Mostly I just play for my own satisfaction, never been in a band or anything, and just average at playing... just Metallica, Pantera and Slayer rifts.
80s thrash metal is where I'm at mostly.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge

I'm Becky, currently living in Reading UK; although I'm thinking I might have to move back Guildford way some time.

I was bought a Spanish guitar at age 12 (I'm 40 now), and given classical lessons, but I didn't really like it. Then a squire stratocaster at about 15; but I really didn't like that either, but persisted with it. It wasn't until I got into college and a friend introduced me to Metallica that I really knew what I would be playing. So the strat got given away, and I got a LTD F300-FM (which I still have) upgraded to EMG active pickups, which I did myself, thanks to Electronics classes in school, and a Line 6 Spider II 2x12.

Eventually I got tired of trying to redial the settings on the spider and got a POD x3 Live and stuck it through monitor speakers - which I've had since 2008.
I've always ran a dual rig on the pod x3, low end sound through one amp, mids and high end through the second; and/or something tight mixed with something saturated to give a nice balanced full sounding tone.

This year I gave away my POD x3 to a friend's son and got myself a Mooer Pre-amp Live, Mooer 5150 pre-amp & Mooer Radar as a base rig, and in the process of building up a pedal board with real pedals to match what I had on the x3 live; and it's proving a challenge. It probably would have been cheaper, easier and quicker to get a Helix; but I guess, having had a POD for 10 years I want something a little bit more solid; plus I've done all the experimenting and found the gear I need to get.

I have a Maxon RTO700 on back order at Andertons for some real tube distortion and thinking about getting a Boss ES-8; but that's all going to depend on whether it can do a signal chain with left and right split or not - there's not much information about how it uses left and right outputs; but I think I worked out a way to Jerry rig the volume send/return to run stereo; but the number of pedals I have... do they do a ES-12? haha

Mostly I just play for my own satisfaction, never been in a band or anything, and just average at playing... just Metallica, Pantera and Slayer rifts.
Welcome to the forums Becky,

You're just up the road from me (Oxford). My Cousin and Nephew are based in Reading and I tend to go over once a month to take him to the massive car meet that happens every 3rd Tuesday evening of the month.

Ironically seems like we picked up electric guitar around the same time. For me it was all about Nirvana and grunge in 94/95 when I started.

This is one of the friendliest forums I've ever been a member of and people are so laid back in the sections from General downwards!

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays

80s thrash ... you'll fit in just fine.