New fan

Hi all,
I got hooked on Anderton's YT channel a while ago and been following Captain's Meet series and their reviews etc. Then I got asked by a friend to help to choose a amp for him and we ended up with Katana 50 MK2. Since then I got more interested in the whole guitar playing stuff (I used to play in a pop/blues band as rhythm guitar player). I discovered Toska, which is now probably by most favorite band, for sound and style they play. And of course that inevitably let to Chapman's guitars and Victory amps etc. So now I need everything from them :) I know I can always buy their stuff online, but I was hoping to touch the guitars and whatever would be available in my country/city (Czech Republic/Prague). There is not many guitars or amps from them around here, jut few, but I have hope. I am eyeing their Semi-hollow ML3, the Obsidian one. Have not seen it live yet. The shop have it in a different store in a different city, but I might just go and drive there to check it out. It seems to be the only piece in my country :) Well, I just mostly wanted to say hello to everyone here, I will be around.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Hi! Welcome! I love Prague. Been there twice. It's one of my favorite cities ever! I assume the store you are mentioning is Muziker? I once stayed at a hotel right across from it in Andel. Lovely stuff!

Hi! Welcome! I love Prague. Been there twice. It's one of my favorite cities ever! I assume the store you are mentioning is Muziker? I once stayed at a hotel right across from it in Andel. Lovely stuff!
Wow, yes, that's exactly the exact store I sometimes go to. I live just across the river, so it is the closest to me. That is awesome you know my city. Where are you from?

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Wow, yes, that's exactly the exact store I sometimes go to. I live just across the river, so it is the closest to me. That is awesome you know my city. Where are you from?
I'm from the Netherlands, just north of Amsterdam. I went to Prague in 2017 with my wife, just for a short holiday. We stayed right across from the tram that goes up the hill to the lookout tower then. And then in 2018 my parents wanted to take a city trip, so we brought them to Prague as well and stayed across from Muziker.

I love Prague. It's beautiful and a lot of fun. It has everything I like. Good food, good shopping, good nightlife and also some peace and quiet if you find the right place.

@Wade Garrett And thanks for the welcome, sir. How did you all get to this "chapmans place"? and do we have a discord, by any chance? For me, I was googling for Sheriff preamp second hand deals and then "Plexi", because I wasn't sure what that really was and one of the links let me here. Glad to find ppl to discuss guitar stuff with. Commenting below yt videos is fine, but forum (or discord) is much better for that. I am not much of a player, I never had enough persistance to practice, but I love all the things around music, guitars, amps, but even keyboards and synths and composing. I'm just a nerd. And guitars are just beautiful instruments. My "heart" kind of music would be blues/bluesrock (SRV, Buddy Guy, Rob Tognoni, Dave Hole etc). That's when the player hit the right note, I got chills going down my spine. But I have a decent spread of what I like. I often listen to dnb and trance and...just all kind of stuff. I loooove discovering new music for me (which could be old for someone else).

I'm from the Netherlands, just north of Amsterdam. I went to Prague in 2017 with my wife, just for a short holiday. We stayed right across from the tram that goes up the hill to the lookout tower then. And then in 2018 my parents wanted to take a city trip, so we brought them to Prague as well and stayed across from Muziker.

I love Prague. It's beautiful and a lot of fun. It has everything I like. Good food, good shopping, good nightlife and also some peace and quiet if you find the right place.
You are spot on on everything. Glad you like it here. I used to meet a guy (about four years ago) that I talked on another forum or FB group, and he mentioned he is going to Prague with his wife too, so we met up, and hit a club (U maleho Glena ) where we got our blues dose and just had a great time. Love doing that. Definitely hit me up if you ever happen to be around again.

Andel is not exactly a calm place, but you are right, that you can find quiet places here too. Like the walk up to that view tower you mentioned, Petrin. It is a love place for young....so...like for us :D

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I think most of us came here because of Chappers or Chapman Guitars, but have stayed because it's a nice place.

I had been watching Chappers' videos for a bit on Youtube and lurking here. When the production was first moved to Korea and I ordered my own ML1, I joined the forum. I have since grown very tired of watching Chappers and Andertons video's, I have sold my ML1 like 4 ago and as mentioned, I hang out here because it's nice.

I think most of us came here because of Chappers or Chapman Guitars, but have stayed because it's a nice place.

I had been watching Chappers' videos for a bit on Youtube and lurking here. When the production was first moved to Korea and I ordered my own ML1, I joined the forum. I have since grown very tired of watching Chappers and Andertons video's, I have sold my ML1 like 4 ago and as mentioned, I hang out here because it's nice.
Nice. And do you still have other guitars and play guitar? Or are you "over it"? :) I certainly had years when I haven't even touch mine old shitty copy of a Strat (but hey, I got it wear texas specials pick ups). It's my first and only electric guitar...must be like...20 years old...almost a relic now :) well, rather a garbage. :) But I often grab my Cort accoustic, because there is something about acoustic that's just so comforting...no need for anything...pick up and play...or noodle :)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Nice. And do you still have other guitars and play guitar? Or are you "over it"? :) I certainly had years when I haven't even touch mine old shitty copy of a Strat (but hey, I got it wear texas specials pick ups). It's my first and only electric guitar...must be like...20 years old...almost a relic now :) well, rather a garbage. :) But I often grab my Cort accoustic, because there is something about acoustic that's just so comforting...no need for anything...pick up and play...or noodle :)
I have a long history of guitars before and after the ML1. I currently own a handful including 2 custom builds, an Ibanez K7, Fender Classic 50's Strat, Ibanez Talman (heavily modded). Check the links in my signature to check out my band's music if you are interested. I don't think I will ever be over guitars.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
@Wade Garrett And thanks for the welcome, sir. How did you all get to this "chapmans place"? and do we have a discord, by any chance? For me, I was googling for Sheriff preamp second hand deals and then "Plexi", because I wasn't sure what that really was and one of the links let me here. Glad to find ppl to discuss guitar stuff with. Commenting below yt videos is fine, but forum (or discord) is much better for that. I am not much of a player, I never had enough persistance to practice, but I love all the things around music, guitars, amps, but even keyboards and synths and composing. I'm just a nerd. And guitars are just beautiful instruments. My "heart" kind of music would be blues/bluesrock (SRV, Buddy Guy, Rob Tognoni, Dave Hole etc). That's when the player hit the right note, I got chills going down my spine. But I have a decent spread of what I like. I often listen to dnb and trance and...just all kind of stuff. I loooove discovering new music for me (which could be old for someone else).
I came here because of Chappers videos and the ML-2, I used to own no.38 of the original Chinese run of guitars.

Like @Tankman I ended up staying here long after I sold the guitar because it truly is the best place on the internet. People are actually nice with each other here!

I have a long history of guitars before and after the ML1. I currently own a handful including 2 custom builds, an Ibanez K7, Fender Classic 50's Strat, Ibanez Talman (heavily modded). Check the links in my signature to check out my band's music if you are interested. I don't think I will ever be over guitars.
Oh, cool. Will check for sure. That Ibanez K7 looks sick.

I plan to go to the music shop tomorrow to try out some guitars. I want to try more semi-hollows so I can feel if I like that kind of guitars at all. You can watch videos as you want, but I firmly believe a guitar has to "fit" you. I am hoping to feel that spark so I know it is the one for me. But maybe I will not find it tomorrow. My wallet certainly hope so. I am on the market for some amp too. I am having put aside one Katana 100 mk2 in that shop, but am still on a fence. Sort of. I know it is a good deal and so on. But I don't know if I actually need one atm. I usually play into my NI GuitarRig and that is fine. I don't have a band. I don't need to take an amp into rehearsals etc. But I think I still need that physical sound of the speaker. It is just beautiful. Much different than from my little satelite pc speakers. Even if it's 2.1

Last edited:

Garythesnail

A Katana is pretty much the best bang-for-buck, flexible, versatile amp solution out there - the 100w (is that a 2 x 10" or 2 x 12") will be capable of big sound. Opinions will always vary with it 'not being a real amp' :rolleyes: and all the rest of the nonsense (nonsense because it makes nice sounds regardless of not having valves)

Hearing the instrument through headphones or small speakers can be great. Feeling the sound because of the amount of air being pushed by the big speakers is good fun . . . . may upset your neighbours though:bounce:.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I plan to go to the music shop tomorrow to try out some guitars. I want to try more semi-hollows so I can feel if I like that kind of guitars at all. You can watch videos as you want, but I firmly believe a guitar has to "fit" you. I am hoping to feel that spark so I know it is the one for me. But maybe I will not find it tomorrow. My wallet certainly hope so. I am on the market for some amp too. I am having put aside one Katana 100 mk2 in that shop, but am still on a fence. Sort of. I know it is a good deal and so on. But I don't know if I actually need one atm. I usually play into my NI GuitarRig and that is fine. I don't have a band. I don't need to take an amp into rehearsals etc. But I think I still need that physical sound of the speaker. It is just beautiful. Much different than from my little satelite pc speakers. Even if it's 2.1
I tried a few Ibanez semi-hollows a few months back and they were great...hmmm, I'm feeling eBay calling again, I thought that particular gas had passed!

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
Welcome! MY girlfriend is from the Czech Republic, so I guess I should say Ahoj or Dobry Den! (Apologies for my awful Czech skills)