NAMM January 2018

Discussion in 'Chapman Guitars' started by ShredRex5150, Jan 2, 2018.

1. johnniegoat

johnniegoat Stop, don’t, come back.

if you look at the main .tv website, the last update to the bio was about monkeyfest in 2011. and on the splash page there is an error code where a video should be

there appear to be some recent(ish) additions to the "shop" section

more interestingly (if that is the correct word) there is no link to chapman guitars; though there is a link to the Youtube page; and a link from the Chappers Youtube page for "store & forum" to the .tv splash page

i can't imagine this place is a huge cost or burden on the owner; if it ever became so i am sure there would be fair warning which would give an opportunity to either do a "managed buy out" or use one of the many FOC forum sites to create something new

since before i started on this place, Chappers has moved from a bloke who played guitar and did some YT content to a musical consultant, performing & recording artist, owner of an expanding musical instrument business with the responsibility being an employer brings

all the while his online presence has grown and he now has a young family to consider on top of everything else. sometimes you have limited bandwidth and something has to give

like i said above, things change. sometimes you have to lean into it

#MrBigReference

2. ten-foot-tryptych

ten-foot-tryptych half rock, half gas

YouTube Channel:
    Charbarhousemusic
    In fairness, Chappers moved considerable focus to his Facebook page years ago.

If the RCF (MLF as I prefer) is in demise, I hope there will be fair warning before the lights go out.

3. johnniegoat

johnniegoat Stop, don’t, come back.

*note*

my comments are just observations. i don't think this place is dying or in decline

it is a very niche place though, so its expected you would have changes in usage and membership levels

4. doctorpaul

doctorpaul Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full. Staff Member

Don’t worry about Rob’s account, it is pretty much immaterial given his activity over the last few years. Regardless, we rarely lose members and new Membership is healthy.
    More importantly, I understand that any subs required to run the forum are tied in with his other web commitments.
    We should chill out about it ... the last time I logged on here and expected to see posts from Rob, I was still using a Nokia 3310 and was using a dial-up modem ...

5. bad alice

bad alice Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

*fondly remembers Betamax*
    Agreed.
    So, has Fender anything exciting to show us for NAMM?
    :)

Robstafarian and ShredRex5150 like this.
  6. ShredRex5150

ShredRex5150 Member

So.....how about those Ibanez AZ series huh......lol

7. Alan O'hagan

Alan O'hagan Well-Known Member

Excellent.
    And that 3310 was awesome

8. ScutMonkey

ScutMonkey Well-Known Member

9. Simon Park

Simon Park Active Member

I know Chapman guitars are just starting to get a name here in Australia (at least in my neck of the woods, Victoria). I dropped off my ML1 Hot Rod at the local guitar shop today to get it set up (I'm also changing from 10's to 9's as my ongoing health issues are making lighter gauge strings necessary) and it seemed to get a few quizzical looks from the guys who work there. They were googling Chapman guitars when I left the shop, so...I dunno. It takes time to build an international name, and there are so many more brands around now than there were even twenty years ago. With the sheer number of products the big companies produce it's hard to get anything through the static.

I think anyone who plays one will want one. That's how it happened with me, anyway. They're at least as good as anything else in their price range and better than the majority of them (in my opinion).

10. ShredRex5150

ShredRex5150 Member

I agree, I am glad i bought the ML3 Pro Traditional vs a Mexican made tele....quality wise and bang for the buck factor Chapman are winning.

11. Dan_Thackray

Dan_Thackray Well-Known Member

Has there been any word if they're going to do a standard and pro series for the seven strings? Wondering if I should wait out for the reveal or snatch up one of those Jackson's that Andertons have got on sale right now.

12. Simon Park

Simon Park Active Member

Only you can answer that question, Dan...but I reckon the Chapman stuff is going to keep surprising us. I honestly think the guitars they're making will become future classics, the kind of guitars people hang on to for years and that beginners only find out about through word of mouth when they've been playing for a while. They'll never be Fender of Gibson but they'll be a brand people 'in the know' will talk about. The feel of the necks, if nothing else, is superb. They also do such a diverse range of stuff; while the larger brands can afford to flood the market with very slight variations on exactly the same thing year after year, there's more of a 'quality not quantity' approach with Chapman guitars. Just my two cents worth, anyway.

13. ShredRex5150

ShredRex5150 Member

I am not expecting much more than basses and some lefty models....but you never know.

14. drittal

drittal Well-Known Member

I’m guessing the “BIG” announcement will be pedal related. Personally holding off on any new purchases until NAMM to see what is coming. Really digging the Fender Troublemaker hat was teased, while fighting off proper Les Paul GAS and still harboring live for the Bea signature. I think if the Bea standard scale came in red I would have already ordered. Just not a huge fan of the smoke finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShredRex5150 likes this.
  15. ShredRex5150

ShredRex5150 Member

Yes forgot about the ongoing pedal rumours.....would def make sense for Chappers to go that route. I would buy a few Chapman stomps for sure :)

Simon Park likes this.
  16. ScutMonkey

ScutMonkey Well-Known Member

Rob has said in a couple Q&As that sevens are coming too. No word on a standard vs. pro though.

17. Joeli0sis

Joeli0sis Well-Known Member

Lefties
    Basses
    Pedals
    7 string
    Leo Baritone Ghost Fret

Tetanus and everfreetree like this.
  18. Art G

Art G Well-Known Member

So if Chappers has deleted his account from this forum, who is collaboratively designing his guitars now?

Simon Park likes this.
  19. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”

His forum account had little to nothing to do with the collaborative design process.

20. Art G

Art G Well-Known Member

I thought that they were done based on input from the forum members. So I guess he has other people checking in here for design input then.