NAMM 2017 - The unveiling

Discussion in 'Chapman Guitars' started by the monkey lord, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Viktor Korenchy

Viktor Korenchy Member

Same here... I just want to see if it worth to choose the new ML2 Modern standard over the original MIK ML2. :(

ShinyChocobo likes this.
  2. ShinyChocobo

ShinyChocobo Well-Known Member

In that case it will probably be worth it to wait if you can handle the new price. I'm eyeing the CAP-10 which may not be that much different other than having ebony instead of rosewood.

3. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus” Staff Member

We are still a month away from the earliest period when new-for-NAMM products typically reach retail availability:
    • NAMM = Not Available, Maybe May (Mick Taylor)
    • NAMM = Not Available until Mid May (Me)

Johnsongs likes this.
  4. Robstafarian

Only the fingerboard wood will change.

5. GloopyJon

GloopyJon Woof!

I know, but for me the main issue is having an empty website for two, going on three months. Can you imagine that from a larger guitar company? People would rightly be sacked for that!

OK, CG is small and doesn't have regular operating expenses that would drive a normal company bankrupt in that period, but it's still a bad, bad precedent to set yourself.

Of course, I hope that once they become available the new guitars will all sell like hot cakes and this will rapidly become an unimportant blip in the sales charts.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Johnsongs, Tetanus and Robstafarian like this.
  6. ShinyChocobo

In which case Imma probably get one now, (or an Ibanez lol) as CITES is gonna make it harder to get rosewood in the future.

7. sheepie

sheepie Professional grumpy person

YouTube Channel:
    hellisforheroes
    CITES is already in full affect with regards to Rosewood and Bubinga :( funnily enough Ibanez are more affected by the CITES regulations than Chapman Guitars

Robstafarian likes this.
  8. ShinyChocobo

Oh wow, but yeah even more reason to grab a rosewood Cap10 before Riff City runs out of stock.

To be honest, I prefer ebony but I might as well own at least one guitar with rosewood.

9. Joeli0sis

Joeli0sis Active Member

Rob is in London for meetings.....soon hopefully

Robstafarian likes this.
  10. Johnsongs

Johnsongs Well-Known Member

That's the problem with a hiatus like this - sales fall to almost zero whilst potential buyers wait to see what the lay of the land is.

Robstafarian likes this.
  11. Viktor Korenchy

Viktor Korenchy Member

Two weeks waiting time is up. :(

Robstafarian likes this.
  12. The K-ON! Guitarist

The K-ON! Guitarist Northern Monkey

YouTube Channel:
    SagaMediaNet
  13. johnniegoat

johnniegoat Stop, don’t, come back.

the problem here is - Gibson can do this. Fender can do this. etc

when Gibson announce their "new season" each summer, they manage expectation. and they start to lower prices on last year's models

from what i can see, the remaining Chapman guitars are still at the same prices. so no incentive to buy now

and while prospective customers wait, other things come along in a similar price range - like the PRS SE Ltd Ed exotic wood models

Tetanus and Robstafarian like this.
  14. ShinyChocobo

Or that 600 USD neck through Ibanez. :|

johnniegoat likes this.
  15. johnniegoat

johnniegoat Stop, don’t, come back.

@ShinyChocobo

i was logged in as you a minute or so ago. it seems to be an ongoing glitch in the site

i did not realise and clicked the "Alert" link, but as soon as i recognised your avatar was not mine i logged out

did not read or see anything - so no harm done, but you may have an unread alert you are unaware of

and yes - a neck through Ibby would definitely be of interest to the type of person waiting for an ML1 set neck :)

Robstafarian and ShinyChocobo like this.
  16. tylertheterrible

tylertheterrible Well-Known Member

Seems less and less likely I'll be getting a 2017 chapman in 2017. I guess the lefty voting in march will be on the very last day of march. For a collaborative design company, there sure has been a lack of public collaboration since I started paying attention in 2015. I think there was one vote for the ml7, oh and the 'V' which I have absolutely no interest in. I'm glad we will finally be able to order new Chapman's 'soon', however I've now been given a lot of time to compare with other manufacturers, I'm definitely getting a vagina. Lol

17. BoomBatz

BoomBatz HokusPokus

Oh, i've heard those are expensive.. or.. i should probably say potentially expensive depending on what model you get..

Robstafarian likes this.
  18. KidSmash

KidSmash Member

Not in the same price range as the standard CG line, so I'm guessing you're going for the pro range.
    I honestly care more about the tone of the guitar and I've never owned a satin finished guitar so standard range was more my thing.
    I'm also severely annoyed by the CG website not being updated. It'll be soon so I'll just suffer and endure in silence XD
    I really wish for the guitars to be successful 'cause they look good and I'm sure they sound even better.

Envoyé de mon HTC_A9u en utilisant Tapatalk

19. Robstafarian

There is no set-neck ML-1 in the 2017 line: only bolt on (Standard Traditional, Standard Modern, and Pro Traditional) and neck through (Pro Modern).

20. Robstafarian

Welcome to the forum! If you are not here solely to troll, then introduce yourself and have a look around.

The reason you have not seen much public collaboration since you started paying attention to Chapman Guitars is that you started paying attention when Chapman Guitars began working on their massive overhaul to their product catalogue, which debuted at Winter NAMM 2017—every time a Chapman Guitars representative introduced the changes throughout the show, it was stated quite clearly that the necessary work began 18 months prior.

JimothyBeed and CaptainPaprika like this.