NAD - Jack Daniel's anyone?!

Neilybob100

So I've been GASing after a clean amp for a while and fell in love with an old USA Peavey Classic 30 I played in a shop a while back. That sold before I could get the funds together.

Currently I use an Orange Jim Root Terror head for rock and metal which I'm keeping also.

This appeared on EvilBay and was only an hour's drive from me and I went for it. Collected last night and cranked it this morning. I haven't stopped smiling since!

Peavey Classic 30 Jack Daniel's 1x12. The guy bought it new about 14 years ago and planned to learn guitar but never got round to it so it's moved around his house a few times and that's it!

I haven't tried my pedals through it yet as it's tone alone gives me goosebumps, in a good way!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
So I've been GASing after a clean amp for a while and fell in love with an old USA Peavey Classic 30 I played in a shop a while back. That sold before I could get the funds together.

Currently I use an Orange Jim Root Terror head for rock and metal which I'm keeping also.

This appeared on EvilBay and was only an hour's drive from me and I went for it. Collected last night and cranked it this morning. I haven't stopped smiling since!

Peavey Classic 30 Jack Daniel's 1x12. The guy bought it new about 14 years ago and planned to learn guitar but never got round to it so it's moved around his house a few times and that's it!

I haven't tried my pedals through it yet as it's tone alone gives me goosebumps, in a good way!

Wow, that's cool! I've never seen one of the those before. Love it, nice one man.

Neilybob100

Found it discounted on GAK and here's what they say

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/jack-daniels-jd-30-t/3637

JACK DANIELS JD 30 T FEATURES:

30W RMS into 16 or 8 ohms
12" Blue Marvel speaker
Vintage tweed cabinet
3 12AX7 preamp tubes
4 EL84 power amp tubes
3-band passive EQ
2-channel preamp (selectable with push switch or optional 2-button footswitch)
Boost switch
Effects loop
Pre and post gain
Volume

With 3 - 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 EL84 power amp tubes this versatile amp gets warm clean tones, gritty blues tones, and a vintage rock sound to die for. 12" Blue Marvel speaker, global 3-band EQ, 2 footswitchable channels (with optional footswitch), boost switch, reverb, effects loop, and a vintage tweed cab, chrome-plated chassis, and an overall design approved by Jack Daniel's.

The JD badge up front says it all.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Cool! I used to own a Peavey Classic 30 Head. I don't remember why I sold it. It was nice. I did consider a Classic 30 again when I was looking for a pedal platform, but ended up with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112. I do remember being really impressed with the gain channel through 2x12 vintage 30's.