Musical muses (Or tales from the Emerald Isle)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paul Wickham, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Paul Wickham

Paul Wickham Oh no you didn't!

Well getting back on track, I shelved the last effort and the next one...Lyrics just not coming. Then remembered another track an instrumental with a distinctly African vibe that I had been meaning to get back to. What do you know lyrical ideas started to form for that. So lets see where that goes. Domestic duties will get in the way for the next day or so, but that may be no bad thing.

Wuzza and Robstafarian like this.
  2. Paul Wickham

Well here is a surprise. I have a mate who is an independent film producer. I have worked with him in an entirely unrelated to music role before. We met because I used to sword fight, both teaching and doing demonstrations. Long story short he needed a suit of armour I had one, we met. Later I co-produced a promo for a film on Vlad the Impaler that never got made and that was it. The other day he put out a call on Farcebook for songwriters with material he could use on his latest film. Okay I thought nothing ventured nothing gained so gave him a link to my Soundcloud. He picked three of my songs for the soundtrack!

3. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

Awesome. :D That's not something you read every day!

Paul Wickham and Robstafarian like this.
  4. Paul Wickham

Ha ha. No I guess I forget that is not the the norm for most folk. Swords and sword fighting were part of my life for many years. Took me all over doing demonstrations, been involved in a couple of films and a slew of documentaries. Here for your amusement is me in said armour in Malta entertaining the crowds.

Attached Files:

5. Paul Wickham

Well you never know when the muse will strike, and struck it it. Having given up of the last couple of efforts that were just not doing it for me. This popped up. Lyrics just came as if they were always that easy. That's the fun and the frustration of working on your own. When it's flowing there is nothing better, when it's not it's a waiting game.
    Anyway for the curious, I will I guess post it in the appropriate thread, so pop over if it your want and have a gander at Stone Cold Crazy. (Love that title)

Robstafarian likes this.