MT Power drumkit 2

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Jackyboy666, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Jackyboy666

Jackyboy666 What's God's favourite chord? Gsus.

http://www.powerdrumkit.com/video.htm

Thought i'd share this as it looks very good. Havent tested it out yet but seems really similar to EZ Drummer 2. Maybe a more stripped down version? But for free...how can you go wrong? (unless it has viruses that wipe your pc clean) :mad:

2. SoloExperience

SoloExperience Member

I have used it for couple of projects and it's great, if you're looking for something for free of course. It got quite a few decent grove samples and with a little bit of mixing you can make it sound good. You can also create your own with keyboard or MIDI device. And don't worry about the viruses, it's a good product not a scam or anything.

3. ElectricSaga

ElectricSaga Bearded person

I recently discovered these VST drummer plugins and yesterday tried this one out. The sample quality is OK and the grooves are realistic. It bugs me that it doesn't have any basic double bass grooves so I'd have to go into the piano roll and edit the patterns manually which is precisely what I was trying to avoid. At least it helps with laying down a somewhat realistic-sounding drum track, and reduces manual editing (in my case) to doubling the kick drum here and there.

I've been contemplating buying EZ Drummer 2, which from what I've seen is superior in sample quality and ease of use (eg. finds relevant patterns/grooves based on input, automatically suggests chorus/verse/fill in, etc.). Downside is none of these VST drummer plugins include native Linux versions.

4. @ssinine

@ssinine Professional noodler

Off topic but I doubt anyone cares.
    What native linux VSTs are you currently using / eyeing? The only thing keeping my Win install out of deep-freeze is VSTs.

5. ElectricSaga

ElectricSaga Bearded person

I'm just getting back into recording so at the moment no specific plugins, but I've used my wife's UbuntuStudio + Ardour setup a couple of times for guitar tracks and there are some decent LADSPA/LV2 plugins for basic things like EQ, reverb, etc.

In terms of VST, earlier today I tried the native Linux version of Reaper which comes with no warranty or support and the few VST's I tried worked perfectly. Namely, I used their noise gate, delay, and ReaVerb as an cab IR loader. Everything worked perfectly. I don't think any of the premium, payed VST's have Linux binaries which is a shame and a waste.

@ssinine likes this.
  6. mirage2101

mirage2101 Well-Known Member

I wish the drummer that's with garage band was available as a vst. Without knowing anything about drums it's very quick to get a usable beat for anything you'd want to make.
    I just can't sell an apple to myself for the few times that I actually do recording.

7. Jed Curtis

Jed Curtis Electrotheonic Guitaristologist

I have used it a lot. Its great for a free VST. The loops are quite limited and the Tom sounds aren't great but I've found some tricks to get more out of it sound wise.