MLF Southpaw Army (Chapman left-handed guitars)

cderycke

"Your limits may not be where you think they are"
Lefties I call for unity. Please Listen!
I hope you have seen the Monkeylords reply in the Questions area of the forum about "ML1 leftys".
I simply ask for 100 left handed players on this forum to supply their name and a "yes, I'm a lefty" on this thread to show there is a viable market for Chapman left handed models. I am honpured to be able to call Rob a freind, So I lead the charge.

Like Rob said "Lefties of the world unite and make this happen!"

Hi guys,

I am sorry to say that I can categorically announce that there will be no left handed ML1 models made.

Selling guitars is really difficult - especially in todays market which is flooded with great guitars! The ML1 was only supposed to be a short run of around 100 Monkey Lord signature models, there was no budget set aside to make left handed versions on a tiny run of 100 guitars.

After many deep discussions between myself and Barnes and Mullins, they decided that they were unable to spend the extra money to have left handed versions made of this particular model - We just didn't know at the time how popular it would be. I would like to add that Barnes and Mullins stuck there neck out to the tune of £65,000 to have what ended up being 500 guitars made - A huge investment on a "Dude from Youtube".

However, things are now very different! we were inundated with people wanting an ML1, we have reservations for all 500 ML1's and in fact we received so much demand that Brian Cleary - Managing Director at Barnes & Mullins suggested that rather than launching the ML1 on the back of their own brand "Gould" that with there help I launch "Chapman Guitars" - the rest is history and I now own a guitar brand = WIN.

As the owner of Chapman Guitars I hereby swear that every model released from here in will be released as both Left and right handed models - In fact I may even go as far as to release a left handed only model on a limited edition short run of 100 guitars. I know what it is like to be discriminated against, and if the southpaws of this world will unite and support Chapman Guitars then I will gladly release products that are collaboratively designed by you.

Chappers

cderycke

I'll be the first

Christopher De Rycke - Yes, I am a Lefty and will buy a Chapman Lefty limited or other :D

the monkey lord

The Simian Behemoth
Hi guys,

I genuinely feel for all southpaws who have not had their voices heard and I am in a position to help.

I have promoted Chris as the commander in chief of all Southpaws on the MLF and I have asked him to gather me a southpaw army. Chris has been a good friend and a loyal MLF subject since the beginning and so he is deserved of this position.

This will take me some time and is a war not a battle - But once I have 100 southpaws ready to help collaboratively design a guitar with me then I will have it made - The world will hear your voice and they will cower at your Southpaw power.

Above all the message that I get from Southpaws is that they are "not listened to". Well collaborative design goes straight to the heart of that - And Chapman Guitars will listen.

Chappers

woody77

Preparing To Join Club 40
Robin Wood, Yes, I am a Lefty and I will try my best to buy a Chapman Lefty Limited or other :D (if it means selling the Ibanez, I will do it)

cderycke

Voodood! if you are going to learn left handed then you are allowed here. If not, Lefties only!! Fight the cause people. BE PART OF HISTORY!! What guitar company do you know that has had a left handed only limited run??

This is a subject close to my heart and left hand!!

WE NEED NAMES!! :D 2 so far

the monkey lord

The Simian Behemoth
woody77 said:
Robin Wood, Yes, I am a Lefty and I will try my best to buy a Chapman Lefty Limited or other :D (if it means selling the Ibanez, I will do it)
You are my captain Mr Robin Wood, help Chris and see how many Southpaws you can find ;-)

woody77

the monkey lord said:
woody77 said:
You are my captain Mr Robin Wood, help Chris and see how many Southpaws you can find ;-)
Yes Sir, Lord Monkey Sir!!!!

cderycke

Thanks man!

If you know of any other guitar forums you could mention it on directing them to this thread on this forum that would be legendary!! Or pm me the details and I'll do it.

Same for anyone else who can help! Goddammit! Lefties have been offered a voice!! I'm a grabbin'n mah pitch fork and a fightin'!!

woody77

I've just joined a left hand forum, waiting for my account to be activated. They have a specified category for lefty guitarists, so I will spread the word there :D

cderycke

woody77 said:
I've just joined a left hand forum, waiting for my account to be activated. They have a specified category for lefty guitarists, so I will spread the word there :D
Nice one! which forum? :D

woody77

left-handed.com, I will to check later because you have to email after registering due the spammers. I let you know how it goes :)