ML-1 Traditional pick up mod

Discussion in 'Chapman Guitars' started by George71, Aug 1, 2017.

1. George71

George71 Member

I received the guitar yesterday and I could not be happier with it! Where to begin?

I like the neck profile, so much easier to play.

I like the tuners, they feel precise with no dead spots, I have never used a reverse headstock but it is just a matter to get used to it.

The weight is perfect for me, I think that for most people it will be on the light side.

There is nothing to complain about the construction of the guitar or its finishes.

This guitar comes with 9-42 strings from factory, I use 10-46, so for me it was a little bright sounding but that’s OK, I really liked it, strings harmonics sounds great too, for sure it is easy to play with these strings. I will use this strings for a couple of weeks but I’ll put some 10-46 later, it is what I like.

The Seymour Duncan bridge pickup sounds very good! And the push-pull tone pot works great! Thanks Riff City!!

The single coils pickups are great and the 4 and 2 position on the pickup’s selector really sounds great!

I think that I’ll mod a little the pickup’s height later to get them to my personal tone liking.

I’m not a professional player but I play live sometimes at smalls gigs with friends, over time I think that I have spent more on effects and amps than on guitars, I used to have an old Strat Squeir Deluxe (2006) that I gave away to a nephew once I decided to go for the Chapman.

I’m very happy with this guitar because I think that one important thing is that it makes me want to play more, practice more, learn more, if any musical instrument achieves that from its owner, it has served its purpose.

I’m Sorry that I have no pictures or video at this time, I did make the unboxing video but because I went right away and started playing with it, time flew away and when I realized it, it was too late and I had to do so much other things at home. I’ll try to take some pictures today and post them.

Thanks to Riff City for all the help and customer service.

Thanks to Chapman guitars for making some great and affordable guitars, I wish them a successful future.

2. tylertheterrible

tylertheterrible Well-Known Member

Awesome, i'd love to see a pic or two. :)

Simon Park likes this.
  3. George71

George71 Member

Sorry for the delay, I'd been very busy lately, but here is a picture.

Attached Files:

Simon Park and Robstafarian like this.