Millimetric Guitars

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
I could get on board with all the weird aesthetics except for that big hole in the headstock. I've never liked that look. It's the reason I can't stand most aluminum necks. I totally understand what it's about; I just don't like it.

mirage2101

I like the MGS3.
the headstock is a bit wierd. But for that price I really would have to be able to try it at my leisure.

beans & rice

Interesting. Utilitarian with a little flare.
Do they notch those screws for the strings at all?

That other natural guitar is pretty bitchin'.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I like the building techniques used. I like the finishing. It looks like a well-built guitar.

But why do they have to be so shapeless......:(

ScutMonkey

I like the building techniques used. I like the finishing. It looks like a well-built guitar.

But why do they have to be so shapeless......:(
I see it as quite the opposite. Their shape looks distinctly modernist architectural. I'd be curious to see what they did with a V form since they have such an aversion to pointed ends.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I see it as quite the opposite. Their shape looks distinctly modernist architectural. I'd be curious to see what they did with a V form since they have such an aversion to pointed ends.
I have always had trouble with modern and/or abstract art. I don't get it. To me this looks like they asked a 4-year old to draw a guitar and then they used that as the actual shape.

ScutMonkey

I have always had trouble with modern and/or abstract art. I don't get it. To me this looks like they asked a 4-year old to draw a guitar and then they used that as the actual shape.
I'm fine with modernist because at least it looks like something.

I'm totally out on abstract. I don't get it, it's as much about the artistic and cult of personality and popularity as it is about the art. It's not for me.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'm fine with modernist because at least it looks like something.

I'm totally out on abstract. I don't get it, it's as much about the artistic and cult of personality and popularity as it is about the art. It's not for me.
To me modernist always looks like they try too hard to be different resulting in a product that I usually don't like. But that's just me.

Again, I do love the finishing on the black guitar.

ScutMonkey

To me modernist always looks like they try too hard to be different resulting in a product that I usually don't like. But that's just me.
I think there's some truth to that. There is nothing creative about another S type or T type or LP guitar. There just isn't. So if your desire to make a guitar is to be creative, what's the point of making another one of those guitars? It hasn't just been done, it's been done to death. You can't even make small changes because those small changes are cliché. Take the pickguard off, make them more pointy, add a tummy cut or arm cut to a tele, put a new headstock shape on it, change the scale length, add more frets, put P-90s instead of humbuckers, or humbuckers instead of single coils. Every small thing you can do to exercise creativity is out the window. The only way to be creative is large scale sweeping changes - which I fully endorse. It may not work, but at least you tried. Unlike everyone else.

Last edited: