Melody Maker Special

MM14

City Goer
I knew they did a dual single coil version but i didn't know they did a dual soap bar version, i'll keep my eye on that one

Nelly C

I am really torn on these guitars. I played one about 4 to 5 weeks ago at my local guitar emporium. First off I played the single humbucker Les Paul model with a wrap around bridge so it is hardly gonna be the most multi-use guitar in the world. But it wasnt that bad. The body is just a slab of wood, no real styling and reminds me of cheap guitars you pick up or €99 including bag and amp. But that in itself is actually really quaint for a gibson. The paint was ok but nothing to get excited about. The humbucker i think was a 491T, nothing special but did its job really well with a real vintage twang. In the end i thought it felt like a toy gibson. Not sure i am making any sense and finding it hard to get my thoughts across. They play great but here they are €550 and for that money I could get an Epiphone Les Paul Plus and have enough money to fit some aftermarket pickups - but then there is something about looking at the headstock and seeing Gibson. Tough call. Would be nice to hear mini reviews of the other Melody Maker variants

Millennial

They play great but here they are €550 and for that money I could get an Epiphone Les Paul Plus and have enough money to fit some aftermarket pickups - but then there is something about looking at the headstock and seeing Gibson. Tough call. Would be nice to hear mini reviews of the other Melody Maker variants
I know they have different pickups... but still, I think the difference is quite big.
The USA studio/melody instruments are worth the money if you can ignore some minor flaws (cosmetic).

JesusCrisp

Just call me Adam
I know they have different pickups... but still, I think the difference is quite big.
The USA studio/melody instruments are worth the money if you can ignore some minor flaws (cosmetic).
I know that comparison video.
Actually I wish they would have compared the Epiphone to a Faded Studio.
Not only is it closer to the Epiphone in terms of price, it also has Burstbuckers, which IMO are better pickups than what you get in those more expensive Studios.