M-m-m-my Carona!*

mirage2101

So as most of us are working from home and are saving the time to commute.. Or maybe you've got just a bit less of work.. Or maybe you can't work out or visit your folks.
You probably have some time on your hands.

I've been intending to learn to transcribe songs better for a while now. So I've put on nirvana unplugged and started with about a girl.
In the last half hour I got most of the chords down pretty quickly but with the ascending run I couldn't get it to sound right and found out that the guitars are tuned a half step down. I'm not going to write anything down. Tomorow it's back at it and then see if I can do the "solo"..

So what are your goals during these weeks? What are you going to learn or do?
Record an album?
analyze that great david gilmour solo so you can steal his tricks?
Get your tremelo picking up to speed?

Share your goals and progress!

*All of you geeks get where I got this post title from don't you? You don't need explanation I hope?

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
Last week was kinda crazy for me. Monday I made an appointment about 4 weeks job shadowing starting from today. Tuesday I got a job offer on a 2 month contact starting today. Which I took off course. Wednesday we celebrated my wife's birthday and in the evening the Danish PM put our country on lock down as of today.

So I just started a new job by not going to work.

My wife is working for a supplier of medical equipment so she's got a lot of work.

But I'm taking care of my grand daughter aged 4,5 - day care is closed at least for 14 days - so I have not much time to do anything else the next 14 days ... except caring for my old parents too. Today my mother fell ill with fever and coughs.

beans & rice

I reckon I've got at least a week of work, if we even close down at all. Probably won't. We're a natural grocery store with a big focus on vitamins and supplements, with organic-only produce. So, aside from regulars, lots of other people have turned to us for a multitude of reasons right now.

But if I do end up at home for any length of time, I'm going to spend at least 1 full 16-hour day running nothing but scales. Just watching TV and letting my hands figure it out.

And I'll likely record some things, maybe another full album's worth! :D The block is gone and I've already put a lot of ideas down to build on.
But there's also gonna be some spring cleaning. No better time, I guess. Might prepare to pare down the guitars again. I really only need* the 3 I have in front of me right now. But I want to keep a few more anyway. LOL

*Yes. NEED. :p:D

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Last week was kinda crazy for me. Monday I made an appointment about 4 weeks job shadowing starting from today. Tuesday I got a job offer on a 2 month contact starting today. Which I took off course. Wednesday we celebrated my wife's birthday and in the evening the Danish PM put our country on lock down as of today.

So I just started a new job by not going to work.

My wife is working for a supplier of medical equipment so she's got a lot of work.

But I'm taking care of my grand daughter aged 4,5 - day care is closed at least for 14 days - so I have not much time to do anything else the next 14 days ... except caring for my old parents too. Today my mother fell ill with fever and coughs.
I've got my fingers crossed for your mother mate.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I know higher ups at work are having a meeting tomorrow and there is a staff meeting later on so I will probably find out if I'll be home soon or not, I'm assuming I will.
I just hope Kerry will be allowed to stop working because she has to deal with hundreds of people each day.

I bought a couple of Xbox games last week because I could see this coming, I've already got one to finish. I plan on teaching Kerry to improve her lead guitar playing and I may learn some crazy challenging solo for myself.

I will most likely try to write a songand record it for the first time in a few years.

This all depends what happens tomorrow though.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'm on a 50-50 schedule, so half the office is here and half the office is at home at all times. There's just some things we can't do from home and as long as our customers are available, we will continue to serve them. Today I have an office day. It's a lot quieter, so I may kill some time with an E-book on my laptop and this forum as usual.

Yesterday and tomorrow I have home days, also because I can prevent having my wife's parents babysit. So I am taking my laptop home and checking my e-mail every now and then, but my boss doesn't require me to be at work the whole time, because I have to watch my son.

I've been on a song writing block for some time now, so I'm not very motivated to play guitar at home. I have however started playing GTA V all over again. I've been skipping most of the main story missions after unlocking all the characters and I am now doing all the funny side missions and strangers and freaks things. It's hilarious. Also, Trevor's rampage missions are awesome!

I'm on what's probably at least a 2-week hiatus as of yesterday - I might do a little bit of work remotely during that period but I suspect probably not even that. It's a bit of a shame in one respect because, as a contractor, no work = no pay but I'm looking on the bright side and seeing it as an unexpected holiday - I'm fortunate that the loss of a couple of weeks of pay isn't going to affect me materially, and I might be able to make most of it up by taking less holiday later in the year.

Anyway, my big project is to set up my new workshop in the cellar of the house I'm renting. The landlord has been clearing it out for me and still needs to take some stuff out to the dump, but I can already make a start. There's quite a large room (about 4m x 7m) and I'm going to split it in two by building a partition wall, and then I need to bring all of my tools and benches etc. down there and get it all set up. I also need to get a few more electric sockets installed, but I'll have to contact an electrician for that since I think it will require a new circuit from the junction box - I could add in an extra socket or two myself but I don't want to touch anything more critical than that.

Then I should be able to finish the 5-string V bass that I've been working on, and also get the river guitar close to completion. That would be great because I have more projects that I'm keen to start!

I also have a new relationship that's just started and the quarantine period is giving us the chance to spend some time together, so overall I'm pretty happy about the whole situation at a personal level! :D

mirage2101

I also have a new relationship that's just started and the quarantine period is giving us the chance to spend some time together, so overall I'm pretty happy about the whole situation at a personal level! :D
In china there's an unusually high number of divorces going on after the quarantine :)

tbh I'm happy we have a big house for the two of us and we have our own working spots. It's good to give eachother some space.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
In china there's an unusually high number of divorces going on after the quarantine :)
That's kind of funny. If we are both home, we tend to be in the same room, but we are good at doing our own thing. I like playing video games and my wife likes reading books or she watches Netflix on her tablet with headphones if I'm using the tv. We are lucky to live in a rather open area. We have two dogs and we have been taking them for extra long walks through the fields in our area. It's a big open space and there's usually no other people there, so it's been nice. I don't like walks, but I've been enjoying these.