Looking to learn

Discussion in 'Learning' started by DoomsEve, Sep 30, 2017.

1. DoomsEve

DoomsEve New Member

Hey guys, the new guy again... So i'm in a little bit of a bind... I'm looking to really start learning the guitar. Ive played for 8 years now and i am an pretty ok player considering i am self taught and i have no theory behind me nor do i know scales or anything. I wanna develop my playing in the melodic path. I wanna be able to understand and play stuff like Opeth, Katatonia, stuff from Keith Merrow, October Tide and so on... I have written a lot of songs so my musical style does go along the lines of melancholy, melody and so on so i know 'im on the right track but i need some one to really start teaching me. Unfortunately i dont have any good teachers in my city so yeah.... If you guys can recommend some one or something to start me on the path than that would be awesome. I could do Skype with some one (as long as the price is ok and not over the top) or i could possibly be interested in going to a learning site like Musicisum (tried it didnt kind of help me tbh).

Any suggestions at all are GREATLY welcome!

My references on where i wanna be, and how i wanna write music are bellow:

2. Magnus Pym

Magnus Pym Grudges rot the soul

I think it's a difficult thing to recommend as you need to find something or someone that suits you. Everyone is different. Skype lessons can be good though, the problem is you can only way to find out is to try it.

3. bad alice

bad alice Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

Hmmm...
    @AdiHughes?
    Do you offer Skype lessons bud?
    :)

AdiHughes and everfreetree like this.
  4. AdiHughes

AdiHughes Sessions, Lessons & Shred

YouTube Channel:
    AdiHughesGuitar
    Thanks (very much!) for the shout, unfortunately I'm fully booked and already have a waiting list.

@DoomsEve

In terms of cost, you (mostly) with lessons get what you pay for, so if you go down the 1-1 route then be prepared to pay, or save your cash and don't bother. Alternatively to skype, find a good teacher and travel to see them once a month or so.

For online tuition though:

https://andyjamesguitaracademy.com/

This guy is one of the best in the business, and the material is affordable, that doesn't tie you into any long term commitments. seriously recommended.

Hope that helps.

PS

I can't help but see a lady garden when I look at your avatar :oops:

bad alice likes this.
  5. DoomsEve

DoomsEve New Member

Thanks so much Adi :D Ill be sure to check out Andy's academy ! Looks like solid learning material.

AdiHughes likes this.
  6. bad alice

bad alice Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

You’re not the uh...only one:eek:
    :D

AdiHughes likes this.