Lonestar by name....

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
The last time I dawned the forum I could not for the life of me tell you which amp I was using. Maybe it was the old JMP? Not sure.

Anyhow.... as time rolled merrily on I soon realised that the 100 watt Marshall was too much for me and my workshop. No point in lying, it sounded incredible but I never had it past 1 on the master. What a waste.

So, I had to say goodbye. I sold the head via the Fretboard and the cab to a good friend of mine. I didn’t feel bad for selling them.. I felt bad for splitting them up after 40 years. Never the less, the show must go on.

As some of you know, I used to be a prolific gear flipper. But that has drastically changed in the last few years and especially since I went full time self employed. My goal right now is to build a solid demo rig for my builds and that had to start with the amp that Mr Andy Timmons drew my attention to many years ago. Although this is my second Lonestar, it’s my first head. It wasn’t easy to find one tbh. Most models floating around are the older 50/100 watt combos. The heads are few and far between. But, I sat on the proceeds of my Marshall sale and found the newer small box 10/50/100 watt head. Mint condition too, complete with the usual footswitch.

I knew straight away that I would need Paul’s (Zilla) help and with a phone call and brief chat he had a healthy deposit for a Fatbaby 1 x 12. The plans also included a rather lovely tolex job which required me to send the head off for re-covering. Now, the colour scheme changed half way through and then it might have changed another 2 or 3 times ;)

But, we settled on a stand out look and ploughed ahead. Soooo.... without further ado, I give you.....

D5A9515D-E93E-4D15-92E7-8868E554B5FF.jpeg

I’m absolutely delighted. The reverb still needs fixed but that will be sorted soon. I suspect a valve requires a little attention. The cab is loaded with a V30 and so far I’ve managed to give it a nice amount of breaking in. Here’s to the start of a solid and varied amp collection.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
That’s a lovelylovelyLOVELY rig!
And I’m so glad you have a Lonestar again
I mean, otherwise you’d have had to return here as @JMP
And my brain QUAKES at the litany of names we could’ve made for you out of that acronym...
:D

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
That’s a lovelylovelyLOVELY rig!
And I’m so glad you have a Lonestar again
I mean, otherwise you’d have had to return here as @JMP
And my brain QUAKES at the litany of names we could’ve made for you out of that acronym...
:D
You know... when I joined another forum I owned, at that time, the Marshall JMP 1992 Super Bass Head from 1980. My username was superbassguy.

Yes.. you read that right : superb ass guy

Last amp I recall you had was the Lonestar combo which you eventually sold to fund SC Relics.

I love a good happy ending. Story ofcourse ;) HNAD Scott!

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
Last amp I recall you had was the Lonestar combo which you eventually sold to fund SC Relics.

I love a good happy ending. Story ofcourse ;) HNAD Scott!
Wow. That was a while ago... okay, in between times I re acquired my old JMP head and cab before realising the 100watt head was just too much. I split the head and cab although I should be buying the cab back this year for a more modern Marshall head to go with it. A 3 amp demo rig will really help me out. Didn’t take too long to purchase the gear back after selling up for investment funds, I think it was about 4-5 months of no gear what so ever