Laney Lionheart

ark

le French
Alright, I own this amp (20W head), and I think I'm the only one in the world using it...

Laney is not the most used brand anyway, but people only seems to know the VC and LC series.

Even I bought this out of nowhere. Was looking for something like VOX AC30 (I was young and unexperienced, forgive me :p), so went in a store to test several amp : the VOX AC30, the Laney VC30, a fender 57' deluxe and also tried a peavey classic 30 (I wanted a good clean sound). Then the dude there ask me if I wanted to try the Lionheart and I was blown away.

This amp has a wonderful clean sound (push the bright switch on), effing warm, lot's of bass, organic. Well out of the box it's more suited for jazz, blues, folk, or classic rock, but plug some pedal in it and you will find it's very versatile. Once again, one of the best clean sound I heard.

Just wanted to share... I think it's a great amp but I might find it hard to sell if I get another one because it's no really trendy... shame.

Laney do, and always have made great amplifiers but they do unfortunately tend to get overshadowed. Heck, If I could find an AOR 30 combo I'd snap it up on the spot - I've also used the AOR 100 head as well as a couple of the more recent offerings - never had a problem with them in any regard apart from the transformers being noisy.....

AngryGoldfish

The Pedalz Master
Burgermann888 on YouTube has one. He's basically the only "famous" person I know that uses one.

I think they're great amps, though. I mean, they are a little compressed and "mellow" sounding, but it makes for awesome jazz / lead tones. And as Burgerman888 says, they don't break up until the last possible second, which is strange for a 5 / 20 watt valve amp.

Actually Laney's do tend to be quite effective at making low wattage amps that have excellent clean potential. The VH100R is probably the loudest high gain amp I've ever played, even compared to the Diezel Herbert.

AngryGoldfish said:
Burgermann888 on YouTube has one. He's basically the only "famous" person I know that uses one.

I think they're great amps, though. I mean, they are a little compressed and "mellow" sounding, but it makes for awesome jazz / lead tones. And as Burgerman888 says, they don't break up until the last possible second, which is strange for a 5 / 20 watt valve amp.

Actually Laney's do tend to be quite effective at making low wattage amps that have excellent clean potential. The VH100R is probably the loudest high gain amp I've ever played, even compared to the Diezel Herbert.
haha, its burgermann666 not 888 :D

Fuzzy Picklez

Rust is the perfect brake.
Just going through some demos now.
They sound like killer amps! I wasn't sure what to expect but I really see why you like it now.
Very cool. For some reason I have this feeling it would sound REALLY good in stereo with something a touch more aggressive like a Marshall. Just because it sounds a little more mellow. Could lead to interesting results.