Kerbal Space Program

peachy901

Priest in the Church of Fender
Lately I have been uber geeking out and bought the game 'Kerbal Space Program' as it was on sale on Steam and looked interesting.

And oh my god.... I'm so addicted, it's awesome! It's kind of like Minecraft in the respect there is no story (yet - a career mode is in the making) and you basically make your own fun - there is a lot to this game though as you have a whole solar system to explore, and it's spaced like a real solar system i.e. really fucking bug. But you build space shuttles and use real time physics and science to visit other planets and visit other planet

Here is a bad insight into the game (the best I could find)

Be warned- This game is HARD! but I kind of like it for that - every time you finally achieve something it's a good feeling... but there is no shame in looking up some tutorials on line. I took me over an hour an a half to design a rocket able to get out of the 1st layer of the atmosphere, let alone visit another planet. But the fact it's hard is because there is an element of realism to it, despite it being a game. You seriously have to plan your, weight, lift, thrust, angle or orbit etc. and I love geeking out over that stuff!

I am loving this game that much I am willing to make a thread recommending people to play it!

Let me know if you check it out/love it already

Cathedral

The Rock 'N Roll Clown.
I love you so much for using Nerdcubed's video to show Kerbal. Its one of those games a lot of buddies at work perceived as, "Yeah funny for five minutes but looks boring" after watching some videos but after I put it on during a drunk game night its become a staple of gaming talk at work. Even after after putting in hours of work, when it goes wrong, it all goes HORRIBLY WRONG (a bit like FTL!) and all you can is laugh.

Its in the Steam summer sale no?

BackInBlack

Paul Kossoff Reborn
I played a demo, but I really want to get the full game, its cost money now though. But I'll get it soon, although I may need a better machine

Necro

The Demented American
I need to play more of this. My brother got me to buy it, and I've been forcing myself not to play it so I can avoid becoming addicted.

Mouse

Sometimes a man gets carried away
Nice! I was looking for this thread yesterday in my excitement (Tapatalk doesn't like me), because I landed on Duna! Bob Kerman will be needing a ride home though which could be tricky.

peachy901

Nice! I was looking for this thread yesterday in my excitement (Tapatalk doesn't like me), because I landed on Duna! Bob Kerman will be needing a ride home though which could be tricky.
I did the same thing with landing on Duna for the first time. My four prototypes and billion attempts later we got him home, haha

peachy901

Sending a Rover MkII to Duna:

De-orbit the mother-ship, release the rover and then bring the mother ship back to a normal orbit.
Screen shot 2013-10-09 at 11.40.37 PM.png Screen shot 2013-10-09 at 11.42.08 PM.png Screen shot 2013-10-09 at 11.43.14 PM.png

Getting there...

Screen shot 2013-10-09 at 11.44.12 PM.png

Steady...
Screen shot 2013-10-09 at 11.52.13 PM.png

Easy....
Screen shot 2013-10-09 at 11.53.44 PM.png

Land with broken wheels and not realise the solar panels have snapped of.... ROUND 2!
Screen shot 2013-10-09 at 11.57.26 PM.png

Easy does it....
Screen shot 2013-10-10 at 12.06.37 AM.png

And, more broken wheels....
Screen shot 2013-10-10 at 12.09.30 AM.png

Third time lucky....
Screen shot 2013-10-10 at 12.16.38 AM.png

Ok, so still 3 broken wheels, but it works! But I will have to launch a repair mission.
Screen shot 2013-10-10 at 12.21.43 AM.png

Attachments