Just in from Japan, a beautiful 70's ES335/ES330 copy

Neilybob100

Welcome to the family a beautiful early 70's Greco SA500 completely hollow (no middle block) beauty. This thing has lots of MOJO!

I can't believe how good condition this is in for a guitar that's around 45-50years old. No buckle rash. Binding is almost in perfect condition. Neck is a nice D shape. Came with a hardcase, spare tuners and a lovely supple leather and fabric strap.

Sustains for days. Turn the neck tone pot down to between 1-2 for a thick Clapton tone. Neck pickup has a real twang to it.

Attachments

Last edited:

alonious_monk

Permanently Tired
That looks sweet, congrats on that, really looks the business.

Japan guitars have intrigued me as of late, someone near me had an Antoria LP in natural finish going for £200. Gutted I can't justify that.

Neilybob100

Found this in a 1973 Greco catalogue online. Anyone read Japanese?

I'm honestly still gob smacked that I can buy a guitar from the early 70's with this mojo for just over 500 English pounds. If it had had Gibson on the headstock I guess it would have been nearer £5000! Mental.
c003_05.jpg

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Found this in a 1973 Greco catalogue online. Anyone read Japanese?

I'm honestly still gob smacked that I can buy a guitar from the early 70's with this mojo for just over 500 English pounds. If it had had Gibson on the headstock I guess it would have been nearer £5000! Mental.
View attachment 39626
Listen... I tried using my fancy Google Lens translation feature, but the image isn't the best quality, and all I got was something about an acoustic hamburger, and hamburging mic, Raw Gibson, and something about a boar... So I'm not sure I can offer much, but that is very cool.

*edit*
Actually... I tried harder and DID get something almost-useful from the top set of guitars.

Ahem...
----
ITS
SA-500 ¥ 50,000
Case ¥ 6,000 Advanced acoustic acoustic handbag (my favorite kind of handbag)
King microphone
Microphone preset 3 times word switching
With V-T control 2 (2 volume, 2 tone?)
Shioita Ebony Raw Gibson Acoustic (Shioita... doesn't appear to be a word in any language. Good)

SA-450
¥ 45,000
Case ¥ 6,000
High-sensitivity acoustic hunt with V and control for each 2 (again, 2 volume, 2 tone... acoustic hunt..?)
King microphone Microphone preset 3 circuit switching (3-way pickup switching... I think)
Root * Ebony String Gibson Acoustic Method (I am a big fan of the Ebony String Method, invented by Gibson, yes.)
-----

Glad I could help. :p

*edit 2*
It just hit me that the "hamburger"/"Hamburging"/"Handbag" confusion was... "Humbucker/Humbucking"...
It did its best.

Last edited:

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I translated a small Japanese postcard that my Grandmother had received from a friend many years ago (it was about a wedding, not relevant, carry on) using google translate. You have to draw the Kanji (is the the correct word?) and build the sentence that way. Very time consuming but fun, in a puzzle game sort of way.
1597827356528.png

Neilybob100

Listen... I tried using my fancy Google Lens translation feature, but the image isn't the best quality, and all I got was something about an acoustic hamburger, and hamburging mic, Raw Gibson, and something about a boar... So I'm not sure I can offer much, but that is very cool.

*edit*
Actually... I tried harder and DID get something almost-useful from the top set of guitars.

Ahem...
----
ITS
SA-500 ¥ 50,000
Case ¥ 6,000 Advanced acoustic acoustic handbag (my favorite kind of handbag)
King microphone
Microphone preset 3 times word switching
With V-T control 2 (2 volume, 2 tone?)
Shioita Ebony Raw Gibson Acoustic (Shioita... doesn't appear to be a word in any language. Good)

SA-450
¥ 45,000
Case ¥ 6,000
High-sensitivity acoustic hunt with V and control for each 2 (again, 2 volume, 2 tone... acoustic hunt..?)
King microphone Microphone preset 3 circuit switching (3-way pickup switching... I think)
Root * Ebony String Gibson Acoustic Method (I am a big fan of the Ebony String Method, invented by Gibson, yes.)
-----

Glad I could help.

*edit 2*
It just hit me that the "hamburger"/"Hamburging"/"Handbag" confusion was... "Humbucker/Humbucking"...
It did its best.
@everfreetree dude this is amazing! Thank you.

Really want a hamburger now! Lol

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk