Is it necessary to finish my guitar scallop?

shreditpenfold

Couple of things. Firstly I'm not sure what this thread is actually about. Are you asking if you should put more work into it or if you need to apply a finish? Secondly the picture is of such low quality that it is impossible to actually see the craftsmanship of the scalloping.

ed lespaul

I scalloped several necks, and one of them was maple (like yours). I didn't finish it right away, and it started to brown in several places fairly quickly. So, I lightly sanded out the stains, and then taped up all the frets, then the sides, and headstock of the guitar. The only thing showing was the scalloped part of the fretboard. I then used Krylon triple clear coat. Putting on many VERY LIGHT layers. After the clear coat cured (I waited 2 weeks), I then wet sanded the sprayed parts to remove any high spots. Pulled the tape off, and now it's golden. It looks like an Yngwie finish now.

Siegfred

And the next problem is: When I use the bridge pickup and crank the volume to 10, I can hear the noise coming out from the whammy bar and not just from the springs, the arm is also noisy.

Steve91

Wannabe Superheroine.
And the next problem is: When I use the bridge pickup and crank the volume to 10, I can hear the noise coming out from the whammy bar and not just from the springs, the arm is also noisy.
What kind of noise? An earth hum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk