Interesting result in a wrongly wired PUP

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
So.....

I wired a Rockfield Mafia into my GS1 at the weekend, but without a schematic (the pups don`t come with one, which I found a bit weird). On a lot of the pups I`ve fitted generally the black or blue is the hot output, so I wired it that way.

Tried it, and it was rather strange. With the volume control on full, it sounded as though the pup was coil tapped (it`s a tappable pull pot - although very hollow and thin so I doubt it was using the south coil) dialing it to about 80% it went to full power. It was the same when tapped.

I mailed Todd Rockfield and it turns out the red output is the hot output on his pups (which seems logical to me, but someone should tell that to Mr Seymour Duncan) and I`d grounded that.... :confused:

Very interesting wierd serendipitous mod I thought though - although I`m going to switch the wires tonight anyway.

ten-foot-tryptych

half rock, half gas
Some of the greatest inventions (the microwave being one) were found my happy accident. So long as people don't die or get maimed in the process its all ok!

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
Maimed the back of the GS1 with the soldering iron but thats all.

It`s seriously battle scarred already so no worries.......

Im still going to rewire it correctly though, the pup might not be working to full effect.

Damn shame I havn`t got a shadow kill pot to whack in while I`m doing it. Really want one of those but can`t find anywhere that sell`s em!

ten-foot-tryptych

half rock, half gas
DrKarnivore said:
Damn shame I havn`t got a shadow kill pot to whack in while I`m doing it. Really want one of those but can`t find anywhere that sell`s em!
Really?! I'm sure Chappers can point us in the right direction, they're distributed by B&M amirite? ;)