Honest Feedback

Darfuria

Staff member
Hey guys. I know overall you all enjoyed yourselves, and had a great time, and can't wait for the next one (me either!), but there has to have been some things you weren't happy with.

Could you please therefore give me some honest (and constructive) feedback that I can take into account, to ensure MonkeyFest gets better and better.

To be really honest mate there wasnt really anything that could be improved other than getting more and more people there it was imense!!

The only thing i guess would be good is some breaks between bands on the main stage. At some times in the day like lunch time there are loads of people out having lunch/burning shite on a BBQ and not many people watching the bands on at that time. Some breaks would be good just so that as many people as possible are at the stage when the bands are on.

Thats it really other then filling the main stage with more marshall :p

Top job this weekend mate one of the best weekends ive ever had and i mean it man :)

Benni

BackInBlack

Paul Kossoff Reborn
Cheaper Food & Drinks, a better soundman and probably making it so tuition is in the morning and live acts in the afternoon and evening so that the live acts get a decent crowd :p Cos I felt for the bands at points cos the hall seemed quite empty.
Hope that helps, cos other than that change nothing exept moar blues :D
Needed more blues and less metal...

Maybe Philip Sayce instead of SMT

Would have to agree to agree with the other too actually. That imp we had for a sound guy was a bit of a twat and wasnt that great. A PA system for the teaching room would be cool too just a small one. A Stone baked pizza van would be cool, had one of them at Glastonbury and them pizzas looked damn fine ;)

Benni

great fest i agree with having the jam room away from the stage because i had jess's set in one ear and the djent kids in the other! also more blues and general rock i think there was too much metal other than that (and im nit picking) it was a great fest. i think with having the press there and rob's video's getting bigger and bigger there will be a better turn out next year but it was awesome and im coming again next year.

Zaphod65

Si7h Apprentice
Sound guy that isnt a complete wanker to work with!

Separate Jam room with amps away from main stage.

More food selection and cheaper bar.

I'll post more when it comes to mind
Pretty much this, the sound and the food were really the only things I had any issues with at all. Also food available all day would be pretty good, the space between the end of breakfast and the burger van opening was a great big void of hunger for me:(

Oh! And two amps for the lesson room! Would have been awesome to jam with the teachers to explore some of the ideas...

Wire_n_Wood

Part-time Superhero
What Benni said. I think people get a bit burned out with the constant gigs.

What about some restructuring with the tuition schedule? Maybe mornings for tuition and evenings for gigs? It was a good thing that they were running in parallel, and I haven't really given much thought to how else it could be. Seems it will always have to be a trade-off. I think Seb mentioned that tuition could go on day one and then have everything else, however if the Fest gets bigger that's gonna be tough.

Also, any chance of getting better prices for drinks and slightly better grub? Were these kids taking the mickey with those burgers at 3.50? And the breakfast left a lot to be desired (and I LOVE english breakfast!). As for the drinks, perhaps there's not much room for negotiation what with taxes and all, but I thought that beer in the middle of nowhere in plastic cups could be a tad cheaper. It'll also be easier to drink that bar dry (that and more people attending).

Finally, could the guitar showroom and demo areas go to another room? I understand this might make things difficult for Jaden and Pablo (or other businesses) if they want to attend the gigs or tuition. However there was some ear-torture coming (and I was responsible for some of that too, not trying to be above that!) from these areas, which could be heard during some performances and also caused Fred to want to impale under- and of-age people with his Jadens and Blackmachine.

sted

Darth Sted
Staff member
Needed more blues and less metal...

Maybe Philip Sayce instead of SMT
Oh fuck yes!

More bands (Like Godsized and S.O.I) would be great and balance it up a bit more for those who arent complete guitar heads.

hmmm....

Other than that, dont know really, maybe less clashes between the clinics and peoples sets? I didnt really want to miss anything if I'm honest.
I really liked the impromptu jam area that just developed near the entrance so that might be something you can develop a bit further.

As complete non-guitar heads the rest of camp scouse are still raving about what a great weekend it was so you hit very near the mark with your first attempt guys! If you can get the venue sorted for a date next year early enough then we can guarnatee our attendance again

Billyblunt

Sid the sexist
maybe better signage to the event would help, pointing the way.
A large notice showing timing of acts & having the clinics off set from the acts so you could do both?
Cheaper Bar & an official BBQ on the opening night, meet & greet type of thing :D

the monkey lord

The Simian Behemoth
Cheaper Food & Drinks, a better soundman and probably making it so tuition is in the morning and live acts in the afternoon and evening so that the live acts get a decent crowd :p Cos I felt for the bands at points cos the hall seemed quite empty.
Hope that helps, cos other than that change nothing exept moar blues :D
I actually really like that idea.. tuition till 13:00, then a break for maybe an hour and a half for lunch... Then live music from 14:30 till 19:00 - hour for dinner - then Bang headline acts!