HNTD

Nice! How are liking it so far? I encourage you to experiment with some tunings of your own. Though it might seem to be a biatch to set up, with the manual close it’s actually quite easy. For example I have one setting Drop C# (Drop D version of Eb standard) and another for the ‘Black Crowes Tuning’.

ScutMonkey

Nice! How are liking it so far? I encourage you to experiment with some tunings of your own. Though it might seem to be a biatch to set up, with the manual close it’s actually quite easy. For example I have one setting Drop C# (Drop D version of Eb standard) and another for the ‘Black Crowes Tuning’.
That's part of why I want it. The band I played drums in for years played half it's songs in DADGAD so I want to set one for that so I can experiment in it. I also play in drop C# and and Eb standard and I want to easily swap between the two.

ScutMonkey

Awesome, I quite like the idea of them. I've not tried one in person yet.
There are a couple 2017 SG HP models at my local music shop which are on sale for $799. It's really, really nice to hit a button, strum the strings open, and be in tune.

Alas, the one I got was used and broken so I'm sending it back and they don't have another one to replace it. So disappointed.

Alas, the one I got was used and broken so I'm sending it back and they don't have another one to replace it. So disappointed.
I got mine because of one of those ridiculous people buying new Gibsons who replaced them with regular tuners. First unit I got missed some bits, second time it was all good. Scout the Bay of E or likewise for such removal-deals. I imagine finding a V unit might take a while longer than an LP unit, totally worth it though. Mine was a bit under 50% the new value. ;)