Hairline crack in the neck

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Just a quick one guys one of my chapmans has a hairline crack where the neck meets the body.

Just wondered your thoughts on the matter cheers guys

Here's the images -

Looks like a tiny stress fracture, at the screw, there. Maybe from over-tightening (a lot), or a bump to the neck, or other shock, putting stress on the screw, causing the fracture.
Is it new..? If not, I'd say it should be fine, assuming you don't go all Hendrix and such and bend the living crap out of the neck on a regular basis, or whack it on things, or stand on it. As long as it doesn't get worse, it's nothing to worry about, typically.
Second opinions welcome. I am not an expert on wood (shocking, I know).

ed lespaul

It should be fine. It might have been something as simple as the screw hole wasn't drilled deep enough before inserting the screw. I seriously doubt it will get worse.

If you're really worried about it, take the neck off, tape the area around the crack off with painters tape and use a little bit of slow drying super glue or wood glue into the crack, and wipe that area clean. Let it set for 24 hours. Then put the neck back on.

sparrowsblade

New Image New Perspective
It should be fine. It might have been something as simple as the screw hole wasn't drilled deep enough before inserting the screw. I seriously doubt it will get worse.

If you're really worried about it, take the neck off, tape the area around the crack off with painters tape and use a little bit of slow drying super glue or wood glue into the crack, and wipe that area clean. Let it set for 24 hours. Then put the neck back on.
Cheers pal I might just do that =)

sparrowsblade

Looks like a tiny stress fracture, at the screw, there. Maybe from over-tightening (a lot), or a bump to the neck, or other shock, putting stress on the screw, causing the fracture.
Is it new..? If not, I'd say it should be fine, assuming you don't go all Hendrix and such and bend the living crap out of the neck on a regular basis, or whack it on things, or stand on it. As long as it doesn't get worse, it's nothing to worry about, typically.
Thanks pal haha ill try not to stand on her!

sparrowsblade

Also the guitar is a 2014 cap10 black out