Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aartious, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Aartious

Aartious New Member

Hello internet! My name is Jacob, and I live in the wonderful(ly terrible!) state of Illinois in the US. I've been a fan of Rob for the past few years now, and just recently purchased my very wonderful blue Ghostfret with the Chapman Passive/Aggressive pickups. Although I now have 3 guitars in my arsenal (A $600 Martin Acoustic, and a Shecter JL-7 w/EMG 707's), the Ghostfret is my go-to guitar for everything! It is my favorite guitar in all existence. And I've played a great many in my day.

Anyway. Enough gushing. I've been playing music since I was 11, and my first love was actually bass guitar which I still play today. I started out playing a lot of Jazz until, naturally, I transitioned to metal. When I was 16, I was introduced to a band called In Flames and discovered I had a driving passion to write music. I've spent the past 16 years working on my music and learning everything I can about writing and performing. I hope to one day play music for a living, and share my love and passion to the world. Ideologically, I would love to form a network of like minded musicians of all flavors and unite our ideas and create a wonderful world of music both for the sake of music, and also for the sake of the musician.

Robstafarian likes this.
  2. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufustarian” Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! I will be glad to offer whatever advice I can regarding gear, both guitar and bass. Personally, I have pretty serious GAS for an Ibanez GSRM20B and an Ampeg PF-20T.

3. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

4. Aartious

Aartious New Member

Thank you! That is a sexy bass!

Robstafarian likes this.
  5. Wuzza

Wuzza long time lurker

On the floor, triumphantly holding a bottle of red
    Ahoy there. :)

6. rapuquoro

rapuquoro Too small to fall but not too big to gig.

Welcome !